Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jury Duty

So yes, I drove the 48 miles to Riverhead to the Supreme Court Bldg out there pretty much for nothing today. The trial was suppose to start today and didn't! We had to be there by 9:30am and we sat. By 11:45am the court officer came down and said " I have good news and bad news. The good news is you get to go home. The bad news is you have to be back here tomorrow morning at 9:30 am." Apparently, the trial that my judge was overseeing did not end yesterday and they were of course continuing it today and they could not come to a conclusion before lunch so the judge said to send us home. No need to keep us there the entire day for nothing. Wasn't that nice.

So needless to say... I'm driving back out there again tomorrow. I'm exhausted from all the driving. I'm not usually, but the last few days I've been wiped out.

Other than that, nothing new is going on here. The weather is warm and sunny (did I mention HUMID?) And that is pretty much it for me right now. I just wanted to keep up with everyone. I feel like I've abandoned you all the last few weeks and I don't like it. I will try to post an update tomorrow. Wish for a settlement out of court for me, lol.

10 comments:

Noelia said...

Oh my goodness Lynn, you've been so busy! Don't you worry about keeping up with the other blogs, just as long as you read mine LOL! Just kidding! Seriously now, you're a busy lady and I can't believe you have to do the jury duty thing, what a nightmare. I hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Sherri said...

Sorry about the long drive for nothing...how frustrating. Hope today goes better.

Janet said...

Ugh...so sorry to hear this! It's too bad you have so far to drive. That's no small deal if you're in pain, plus with the cost of gas it's ridiculous. Hang in there!

Sarah Coggins said...

Oh, no! Are you still having to go in every day or did it get settled? I got my notice in the mail last week for a day in late Aug. I have to call the day before to make sure I'm needed. Until then, it's on my calendar.

CircesMagic said...

They don't by any chance give you gas money? Yea I know, what was I thinking..SHEESH! Hopefully you will be done soon! Take care!

Sherri said...

Just checking in...Hope all is well with you!

Janet said...

Lynn...are you STILL on jury duty? lol Just checking in! Hope you're doing ok!

Janet said...

Lynn, whenever you're back, I left a little something for you on my blog (Aug 5 post). Take care!

Colleen said...

Oh I hope things are going OK for you these days!

I too left you a little something on my blog!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Sumpsump on my blog for you...:-)