Sunday, July 13, 2008

CRAZY!

It's been a long time my friends! Thing's here have been just crazy, insane. I feel like I've been going non-stop and I'm exhausted.

Lets see... when I left off I think it was testing week for Joseph and well.... he didn't do as well as I (or he) thought he would do. He did however pass a very tough Science Regents which I was very happy about and the Reading part of the RCT test. He unfortunately did not pass the Writing portion of the RCT, the Global Studies RCT or the US History Regents. Now I know that most of you don't even have a clue as to what a Regents or RCT test is. That is because the State of NY is the only state now that requires those tests to graduate High School. Also.... as expected he failed his 2 (yes, I said 2) gym classes because he didn't attend them! I am truly amazed that he passed all main subjects, mind you... some just barely, but he passed. So as you can tell, he is still giving me a run for my money. He has gotten a small job working in a deli as a clean up person which I'm happy and worried about. Now he actually has some money and I don't have a clue what he buying with it. I know he is getting cigarettes, but I have no idea what OTHER stuff he is getting. Believe me... I've gone down in that room and searched and found nothing.

Hmmmm.. what else? Oh.. Shannon came home for a week. It was really nice to have her home for little while, but boy it was also nice to see her go home, lol. I know that sounds mean. She has been gone for almost 8 months and the house is soooo much quietier without her. Plus, I don't sit up and what for her to come home. ugh.. its so different with DJ he is more of a homebody. He likes to be in bed fairly early for a 19 year old, so it's not as bad as it always was with Shannon and Jonathon.

The weather here last week was horrible! It was soooo humid and hot and the UV index was 10 most of the week. At least it was good beach weather for Shannon. She went to the beach almost every day. When we were taking her to the airport she was like "It was nice just doing nothing and going to the beach everyday". I was happy that she did exactly what she planned to do- NOTHING! Yesterday and today the weather is much less humid and beautiful!

Ok, so last week I had to call in for Jury Duty! You are sent a card with all types of information on it and you have to call in and see if they pick your juror #. So I call on July 4th (like the card says to) and it tells me to call back on July 7th (Monday) which I do. I am then told to call back on Tuesday. Tuesday, they tell me to call back on Wednesday. Then I'm told to call back on Thursday. Well, by the way the #'s were being called in for actual jury duty I knew I was going on Friday, and sure enough I was called. My juror # was 0989 and they called between 0906-0999. Everyone with #'s 1000-2000 were dismissed with time served! I was a little pissed off about that. This court that I had to go to was not a hop and skip from where I live. It is an hour drive and a 1/2 a tank of gas to boot. Of course NY doesn't pay you for mileage either! That whoping $40. a day is just going to cover my gas everyday. Oh did I mention that I was picked! I'm am getting a dr's note to submit tomorrow and hopefully I will be dismissed. The trial is suppose to start on Tuesday.

I seemed to be ok while we were sitting there for hours doing nothing. My back started to bother me a little around 3:30, but I didn't think much about it at the time. Boy.. when they finally released us after they finally decided on people they wanted at about 4:30 my back was killing me. Then I had to drive home for as an hour. When I got home all I could do was go and lay down in the bed! I was in so much pain I could barely walk. Yesterday was not much better, and today it is still bothering me. I'm not so sure I could do this jury duty and sit all that time especially for the 2-3 weeks that they said it might take to finish this trial. I could only hope and pray that I get a dismisal on Monday or they settle out of court by Monday (which I really don't see happening).

Other news..... let's see, Danny dropped a boat motor on his leg and I personally think its fractured but of course he is refusing to go and have it x-rayed to make sure. He could barely walk for 2 days and it is still all swollen and there is a cut there also about 4 inches long. Men! he makes me CRAZY.

Well... other than all that, nothing else is really going on for this week. I'm hoping for a quiet week here.

Hopefully, I will be able to get myself back in gear an on here more often than I have lately. I really miss you all. Now I'm off to try to catch up with everyone. I hope you all having a terrific summer so far. Enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You have been busy! Glad to see your post today. I was getting worried about you!

Janet said...

Holy cow...there is a lot going on in your life. No wonder we haven't seen much of you! I hope you get out of JD! I got called in June and lucked out. I only had to go one day; they ended up settling.

Glad to see you back, Lynn!