Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm BACK!

It's true.... not sure I want to be back right now, but I am. The past 2 1/2 weeks have been very hectic and tiring. Now I really wish I could take a real vacation.

Being in Vegas was not a vacation as some of you already know. I was there to take care of my mom. She is not doing as well as I had hoped before I got there. She does not want to care for herself at all anymore (unless it has to do with food). You have to beg her to bathe and get dressed. Pretty much all she really wants to do is sit at the dining table (which is cluttered beyond belief, almost worse than mine, lol) and do her word search books all day long. My father claims that she is walking since I left. I don't see that actually happening and I seriously don't think he even pays much attention to it. I think she is just writing it down so she doesn't have to hear him complain that she didn't do it. He leaves her for hours unattended. I freakin left her for 30 mins to come back and find her laid out on the floor and she couldn't get up. After that incident I was afraid to leave her alone for more than 5 mins let alone the hours that he leaves her.

On a little better note. My sister Tracy is here visiting with her husband and my neice. They planned this vacation back in April. They wanted to take my neice to the Thanksgiving Parade! She is 8 and I think she will have a awesome time there. Not sure if she is going to handle the cold weather that morning but you never know with Alley. My sister and I are also planning out my shopping Black Friday! This is usually a day that I spend by myself since my sisters and mother all live in Vegas! My sisters and I usually talk by phone for most of the day and what I can't get they usually can. Now I've lost my main resource there, because I'm not sure that my other sister is even going to bother to go and I'm sure that my mother won't! So hopefully I will be able to get everything I want here. I really should stop this nonsense and just give these kids a damn gift card and be done to be honest.

Today I plan on starting my baking for tomorrow's feast! I've decided to take photos of everything to put together a receipe book for Shannon. She keeps calling me for receipes and sometimes doesn't understand. I thought this would be a great gift. I'm going to put it in an 8 1/2 x 11 album this way its splash proof also. I will ship it to my sister and she is then going to get her new utensils (I'm not sure she even has them, lol) and some stuff to get her started on cooking. That is pretty much the only handmade gift that I can think of right now.

Well... I've bored you all enough today. I wish you all a very Happy, Healthy, Wealthy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm sure it was nice to see your family, but it certainly doesn't sound relaxing and, if anything, stressful.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family you have visiting there now! Enjoy!

Lida said...

I´m so sorry your mom is not doing well, hope you have a fun thanksgiving and have a great time shopping on BF!

Noelia said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the cooking and the family. I'd love to see your handmade gifts.