Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Las Vegas

Here I am.... In Las Vegas! I've been here since last Wednesday and the weather has been incredible! Low 80's pretty much everyday. I can't believe it. Two days this week we hit record high's.

I've been very busy taking care of my mother. This in itself is a major task. It is like dealing with a 5 year old most of the time. You have to remind her to do pretty much everything. On top of that I've been cleaning the apartment here. Now we all know that I can't stand to clean, but this place was disgusting! She won't even clean a coffee cup. She has just gotten very lazy and does not want to do a thing unless she gets to go out and eat! I've now had to make eating a reward for her. How sad it sounds but she could just sit there and eat all day long if she isn't sleeping at the table.

One day before my dad left to go to Texas, I did manage to get out and meet Sherri from 2 pea's! It was great to meet up with her. We have tried to do this once or twice before, but never managed to fit it in. We went to a park so her ds could play and we pretty much chatted for about 2 hours. I had my sister Tracy with me because I kind of connected them about 2 years ago. It was a beautiful day in the park.

I really haven't done much, except take care of my mom since I've here. Now I'm planning a Thanksgiving dinner for tomorrow for Jonathon, Shannon and the rest of my family here. We are having it at my sister Tracy's. So much to do in so little time. Then I fly home on Friday! I get in at about 11pm and then my sister Tracy and her family fly in on Saturday morning at 8:30! It's just going to be non-stop for me.

I have to say that I'm really getting tired lately. This could be due to that fact that I'm not really sleeping. My mom is up and down all night long.

I also have not taken 1 single picture since I've been here! I can't believe it, but then again, I haven't really done anything except babysit. Maybe tomorrow I will get a few.

Hope everyone has a terrific day... I've got to go before she raids the frig!

3 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

wow you have been busy. Sorry to hear about your mom. ((hugs and blessings)

Janet said...

You have had quite a visit. Sounds like you were a real blessing to your mom while you were there. I'm sure it must have been a tiring trip. Hope you made it home safe and sound and can get rested up.

I tagged you on my blog with a fun little exercise! :-) Enjoy!

Noelia said...

I agree with the previous poster, what you're doing for your mom is amazing. It's a big sacrifice but you're blessing her by doing so. Glad that you got a chance to meet a Pea in real life! Enjoy your time with your sister and don't forget to post pictures once you are back to your normal routine.