Friday, January 26, 2007

Baby it cold outside!

Yes, winter has arrived in the Northeast! We still have not had any real snow (anything that has stuck), but boy it is freezing out there! Yesterday it barely hit 30 and well as the night fell it dipped down to the teens. It is 6:53am right now and it is only 1 degree with a windchill of -8. We sure are not use to this. Just 2 short weeks ago it was in the 60's! I hope we get a summer.
As you may have noticed I was missing in action for awhile. It is WRESTLING season! I just get so caught up in it that I have no time to get on here an report what is going on. I have a blog just for wrestling news that I started for the parents and wrestlers. I post tons of photos for them and they seem to love it. Well this past weekend was our schools Tournament. I am the organizer of this event for the last 7 years! I love it. At our tournament my son DJ ended up taking 2nd place. This was a difficult job since he was sick (we found out he had MONO) for over 3 weeks and had no practice during that time. This was the first time wrestling since he got sick. I think he did an awesome job. His last 3 opponents were tough and he did a great job.
Below are a few photos from Saturdays tournament. DJ is the one in green in this photo. He is getting ready to pin (win) the match.

The next photo is of his 2nd match. He wrestled so hard here. I'm so proud of him for getting back out there still not really feeling great and definately not having all his strength back yet.
He is working really hard to get back in shape. I don't like the fact that he keeps trying to get down to the 130 lb weight class, but I've learned not to argue with him any more about it. I seem to always lose.
Tonight we have a match at home and tomorrow the same. It is nice for a change not to have to travel over 35 miles to get to the other school. I will try to post some more photos of tonight and tomorrow over the weekend. I hope everyone has a terrific day!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Great photos! Glad your son was able to wrestle after having been sick. Hope he is taking care of himself! How awesome that you have a blog for parents. I bet they really appreciate that. Enjoy every minute! It goes so quickly! Janet

Heather said...

It's great that DJ is feeling better and getting back to his sport! Great photos Lynn!

Noelia said...

Second place is terrific! Congrats to him! The best part is that he's feeling better and was able to wrestle, what a champ! ;)

Vee said...

it has been cold!! today is no better