Monday, January 29, 2007

My Life

The 2 peas challenge for today: What would you like your life to be like in 10 years? Well, lets see... I know that my kids will be all grown up (hopefully) by then. So, I will probably be living alone, with one of them, or taking care of my parents since I would be the one with no children to take care of. Its really hard to say what my life would be like in 10 years. I wasn't supposed to live to be this age 14 years ago. Back then I swore that I wouldn't think about the future or what would be in the many years ahead of me because it would be to disappointing. How could I think about my life in the future when I was told that it would never happen? I decided along time ago to stop thinking about the past, and the future. I had to be there for my kids every single day that my eyes opened to the world. I had to live in the present, the now. I try not to postpone things because I'm not sure I will be here for it. I want to get things done when I think of them (usually). I try not to make plans too far in advance. I won't plan a trip for say more than a year ahead. I'm just happy that I was able to watch my kids grow up. My youngest was 1 when they told me that I was very ill. I couldn't even walk then!
So for me to think what would my life be like in 10 years from? I really couldn't answer that. I hope that I will be somewhat healthy, I hope that my kids will be happy, healthy, and rich in love. I hope that I will be a grandmother by then, but who knows. You really don't know what is in store for you in the future. You just hope for the best and LIVE!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

(((hugs))) what a wonderful answer :)

Heather said...

I love your last line Lynn! So perfect!