Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Baby its cold outside!

Whewwww! Boy is it cold out there today. I know we have been spoiled here on Long Island this winter, but only 2 short days ago it was 71 degrees! Today it won't go over 43 they are saying. I do not like the cold! And forget it when you add the wind chill to the mix. I would rather just stay in and lay in my nice heated bed for the whole day.As some of you know, this is wrestling season in my household. Well, DJ (17) has now been sick for over 2 weeks! When I took him to the dr. the 1st week we tested for strep. Nothing! He said it was viral and had to run its course. Ok.. we waited. But after 8 more days of the same crappy feeling DH took him back to the dr and said could you run blood tests to see what is going on with this kid. He never gets sick. I wanted them to do another strep and mono test. The dr. said he was sure its not mono and didn't need to run another strep, but would go ahead and put him on antibotics and that should knock everything out of him. Even if he had strep it would work. Well after the 5 days of antibotics, he is still the same. I called back to the dr. and he then decided that he wants him to go for blood work, (hmmmm... I asked them to do that 5 days ago) and guess what???? he is testing for mono and epstein barr which are like the same thing. Now that test takes like 2-3 days to get the results. Maybe I should be a dr! So this poor kid has not wrestled for almost 2 weeks now... he is dying to get back on the mat and its his senior year and he was supposed to be #1 this year. I feel so bad for this kid. I just sit and cry.
ok.. enough of my blabbing.... Today, is pretty hectic. Ihave to get my behind in gear for work in a few mins. Lately, I just dread going in, but the show must go on!Hope eveyone has a wonderfully warm day. I wish I was, lol

No comments: