Friday, March 21, 2008

A New Day!

Well... since my surgery I've been sleeping on the couch in the livingroom! I must admit, it's the most uncomfortable couch ever the only upside to sleeping in there was that I was not sleeping next to the snoring machine! Although, I could still hear him sometimes, thats how loud he can be. The reason I've been in there is because I have a waterbed and would not be able to get up from it with ripping something.

So last night I decided to give it a go, but we had to sleep across the bed (side to side) instead of sleeping from head to toe. I was happy that I got to sleep on my nice warm bed and it was pretty comfortable. It was pretty easy to get out of the bed being that I slept on it cross ways, which was nice. Now I just need an adjustment on my back and neck from sleeping on the couch for all that time.

Does anyone have any plans for the Holiday? We do not. Danny didn't even want me to cook, but I can't not cook for Easter. I'm just cooking something very simple. Baked ziti, garlic bread, meatballs and probably a sausage bread. I'm going to also bake an Oreo Cake. I usually bake a cheese cake, walnut cake, some kind of chocolate cake and a chocolate mouse pie. But I'm not doing it this year. Danny won't let me and to tell you the truth... I'm not really ready to do all that by myself and then all the clean up. You know DJ and Joseph won't clean a thing (btw--- all my silverware, cups, storage containers, several pots, all the cereal bowls, and most of the dishes are still out on the deck!). Danny is really po'd with them both and so am I now! I've already warned them both that I want all those dishes in this house and cleaned or there won't be an Easter dinner! They just lol. I'm not sure I'm liking them much right now.

Today my goal is to figure out where to put all these flowers I received and get my dining room table cleaned off (this could take days to actually accomplish) and I would like to clean up my kitchen that they distroyed while I was in the hospital. I'm also going to go for a walk again today. I'm trying to slowly get back in the swing of things. Did I mention that we are having wind gust of over 50mph! That makes it very cold out for walking, but I'm going to go around the block at least.

Ohh well... that is enough rambling for today. I hope everyone has a terrific day!

9 comments:

Janet said...

Lynn-Glad to hear you're doing better and got to sleep in your own bed. Your Easter dinner sounds awesome, and certainly not simple! And I can't believe you usually make all of those desserts...YUM!! LOL on your dishes being out on the deck! Oh, my gosh...this is quite a stand-off! Mom will win, though!! Have a wonderful Easter. Janet

EquineSpirit said...

((HUGS!!))

toners said...

Lynn, I also slept on the couch for a couple of weeks...it's so much easier to get up from than the bed, right? Sending lots of (((hugs)))

Gabrielle said...

I have a snorer too! :(

We are staying home for Easter and enjoying it as a family for once. We usually get together with my family and have to drive a bit. It will be nice to stay home!

Heather said...

Glad to hear you are healing well! We have a very comfortable couch that I love to nap on! As for nighttime sleeping I've started using ear plugs so I can hear the snoring!

Unknown said...

Lynn, first let me say I am happy you are doing better.
But you call ALL THAT not ALOT...
I am coming over to your house for dinner...LOL

FlipFlop Mom said...

I hope you get your dishes in the house!!! I cook all the time and I would be going NUTSO!!! LOL LOL...
We decided to have a relaxing Easer ourselves... just stuffed Chickens...

Glad you're feeling better...
And lucky girl with all the flowers... Ü

Sarah Coggins said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Your Easter dinner plan sounds wonderful. :)

Noelia said...

Girl, I just wanted to drop by and wish you a Happy Easter!