Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patricks Day

and Happy Anniversary to me! Yes.... I was one of those wacko's that got married on St. Patty's day. It actually happened by accident. I did not want to get married on St. Patricks Day at all! My in-law's were married on St. Patricks Day and I didn't want to share that day with them. I wanted my own day. So what do I do? I decided we are getting married on March 16th! Wow... a real big difference. What in the world was I thinking? I'll never know.

See.... We weren't having a big wedding. It was just us, our parents and sibling's, that was it! We got married in a beautiful room that overlooked the water by a judge. Very simple. I wore a white pant set and he wore a black suit. Nothing really special, we just wanted to get married. Unfortunately..... we forgot to get the marriage license by the 15th in order to get married on the 16th. In NY you have to get your license at least 24 hours prior to the marriage. So we ended up going on the 16th and getting married on the 17th that is how it pretty much happened. Now I'm stuck with it.

Year's later.... we did get married in the church with a small reception and friends there. It was very nice. My sister's were crazy and decided that they wanted to wear Emerald Green dresses and I figured... they are the ones wearing them so I don't care.

I'm going to look for that wedding album... where did I put that thing? hmmm... I will try to post a photo later of our 2nd ceremony, lol. I swear there is something wrong with me! I didn't marry him once, but twice! What was I thinking? lol

On another note..... I actually did something creative yesterday! I can't wait to take pictures of everything and post them. Of course, I was so excited to be doing something that I put everything right into an album as I went along, forgetting to photograph them. It's not the greatest.... but it is something and really got me going for the amount of time that I can sit comfortably. I didn't realize how much I miss using my ATG gun!

If anyone hears of a developing coupon for Clark or York for like 3 or 4 cent prints please let me know. I have about 900 more photos from wrestling that I need to get developed. This is usually the time that they will have one of those specials and I want in.

Oh... well... 2 pea's challenge for today: What are you doing today to celebrate St. Partick's Day?
So today I have my follow-up (post op) doctor's visit this afternoon and then who knows. Danny and I might go out for dinner tonight. We usually will go out for a movie and dinner, but right now I can't sit for very long so the movie might have to wait until I'm feeling better.

So there you have it. I hope everyone has a great and safe St. Patty's Day!

9 comments:

Benita said...

Happy St. Patty's Day & Happy Anniversary! I think it's cool that you got married on SPD!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Heather said...

Okay I think that's fun! Getting married on St. Patrick's Day! Much more interesting that V-day! And you definitely have to post pictures from your wedding album.
Hope the dr. appt goes well and you have a nice dinner out. Would you like me to send you some snow for your anniversary??? We're having some right now! Ugh!

Noelia said...

Lynn, I've been away for March break and I'm glad to know that your surgery went well and that you are recovering ok. Just lay back and rest and update us once you get back from the doctor's.

Happy Anniversary to you and Danny!

Lida said...

Happy St. Patricks Day and Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a great day and your doctor visit is a very good one.

Sarah Coggins said...

Happy anniversary to you & your DH! Hope your post-op goes well and you have a lovely dinner. :)

Janet said...

Happy anniversary!! What a great story! That is one for the scrapbooks, for sure! However you celebrate it, I wish you a wonderful evening!

KarenSue said...

Happy Anniversary,
good thing about SPD anniversary, you don't forget!!

toners said...

Happy St. Patty's day and Happy Anniversary! I had a good laugh at your story about choosing your wedding date :) I hope the doctor appointment went smoothly!