Friday, February 16, 2007

The Sun is out

Hi everyone, well it is Friday and the sun is finally shining here on Long Island. All the ice is starting to melt (tg). We are heading out today for DJ's wrestling Tournament at Counties! I'm so excitied for him. This has been a life long dream for him and he has worked hard most of his life for this moment. I know that he will be be a place winner and hopefully place #1! which would let him go on to States. I just keep praying for him, I pray that he stays injury free and strong during this tournament. I pray that he "brought his game" to this tournament. You know there are times you just don't have your head on right when you get on the mat. He is usually pretty good about that part though.

On another note.... the 2 peas challenge for today: If you had your life to live over again, what would you choose to do over again? Blog about it....there are many things that I would like to do over again. I truly loved High School, I was not a geek, but I had many friends, was on the drill team and just really enjoyed talking with my teachers and peers. I really had a wonderful life growing up and would probably like to do my years from being like 9 to 18 over again. I do not think I would change one thing. I loved growing up on a mini-farm. I loved all my horses, pigs, dogs, peacocks, turkeys, chickens and what everyelse was there any given time my mom thought it would be idea to try a new animal. It was a much simplier time and I just loved everything about it. Ok,,,, maybe not the 40 miles to get to school, I could do without that. I hear now that they have a school that is like 7 miles away now. Good for them. That is just one moment in time that I would do over again.

Ok... I'm getting off here. I have to prepare for Counties.. Please if you read this today, say a prayer for DJ to get through the first 2 rounds today we could really use it. Thanks.

Hope you all have a great Day!

3 comments:

toners said...

Good luck at the tournament! I'm glad the snow is starting to melt :)

Noelia said...

I said a prayer for you to continue to encourage him and support him with such enthusiasm and I also prayed for DJ so he can remain injury free and above all, to enjoy this sport he so passionately loves.
What a great team you two are!

Noelia said...

I forgot to thank you for your prayers for me and my family. Please keep them coming...