Monday, February 26, 2007

We Got Snow!

I was not sure it was going to happen this year, but it did. It's not a lot of snow only about 2 inches and of course being on the south shore of Long Island we have a nice layer of ice going over it. ugh. It has stopped snowing but we are expected to get some sleet later on today.

I've been up, off and on since 4am this morning watching the weather and seeing if the school was going to have a delayed start. Finally about 6am they posted 1 hour delays. Our school never closes! They don't want to give up the day off before Memorial Day. I feel exhausted already and I haven't done one thing yet! It is terrible when you can't get a full nights sleep. I haven't had one of those for about 6 days now. I see a nap in my future for today, lol.

This weekend ended up being very uneventful! I did clean a little on Saturday and my sister-in-law who is visiting from AZ was supposed to come over for the whole day yesterday, but wasn't feeling well. I had already starting my baking and cooking early in the morning and then just continued the rest of the day. I was pretty much all by myself the whole day. DH, DD, DSIL, and DS (Joseph) all went to a Radio Control Operators Show in Westchester on Saturday and decided to spend the night there and go back to show on Sunday. DS (DJ) went to a wrestling tournament to help out and coach some of the Middle School boys all day yesterday, leaving me to this house all alone. I truly didn't know what to do with myself! When I know I'm going to be all alone, I will usually plan out stuff to do, but I didn't have enough time to even plan anything. So I just watched some movies and cooked.

Nothing else is going on here. I'm supposed to get my sister-in-law today, but who knows now that it snowed. She doesn't do well in snow. So we will see what is in store for me today. I really wanted to color my hair also today. That actually might happen if everything else falls apart. Boy I'm really getting gray! Thats it for me today. I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hope you get a nap in today Lynn! I'm not a good sleeper and I usually start to drag by the early afternoon!