Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hair Coloring 101




Yes! it is done. I feel like I have to color my hair about every 3 weeks lately. My roots grow out so fast I don't know what to do. Just to set the record straight... I color my own hair. I do not go to a salon and have them do it because it never comes out the way I want it. It is usually dull and lifeless when I leave the salon. They just never leave the color on long enough. I use L'Oreal for Dark Hair Only in "Red Hot" this is one of my favorite colors. I will use the color "Copper" in the summer sometimes. Both you can get at Sally Beauty Salon Supplys. You have to mix it yourself. It doesn't come in a box kit that you can get in the drug store.


Here is a before of my roots.. I forgot to take a full photo. ugh..


So yesterday this was my goal to color my hair. I takes a long time for me since I have really bad arthritis. I always start at the roots in the front at the middle and work my way over to the right and then to the left. Then I get to work ont he back from the neck up. I then leave this on my roots for about 40 mins... yes you heard me correctly.. 40 mins! Then I add the rest of the dye to all my hair down to the end and rub in. This then stays in for about 30 mins. Yes, it is a very long process. Red takes a long time I think. So here is the end result of my roots. See how nice and red it is! A lot of people are shocked by how red it really is, but I just love it.
Here is another photo, my hair always gets a little wild after being colored. but I just love it.
2 peas challenge: would you live your life any differently if you didn't care what people thought?? I think I already don't care what people think! I live for me and my family. I truly don't give a crap what anyone else has to say or thinks. If they don't like what I do, then they don't have to be around. They can leave. I'm not hear to impress anyone but myself.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks grea Lynn! I love the color. Bright and fiery! Like you!

Ingrid said...

I really love the color. Given the long process I am glad I have a natural "red hot" color myself. :-))

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

It looks so good!

Noelia said...

Loving the colour, loving the hair, loving the new eyebrows! Love it all!