Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm still here

yep, I'm still here. DH seems to have a million and one things that he wants to look up on the computer and the first time in ages has sit here for hours on end. So I never got a chance to get on here. I think its almost time for me to get my own computer.

Yesterday, for me was very hectic. I had a million appointments and one after another. I went to the Rheumotologist and he was not too happy with how I looked. To be honest I'm not happy with how I look,lol! And apparently I now have to stop taking some of my meds due to the fact that I'm having surgery (finally) on March 3rd. Plus, I can't have my infusion in 2 weeks either. Oh well, priorities.

Then, again, I must've sleeped the wrong way (not hard to do when dh is constantly pushing me off the bed lately), because I woke up yesterday with something pinched in my neck and shoulder blade. So I went to the Chiropractor to see if he could relieve it a little, he did, but it seemed to come back again a little last night.

Then I was off to the podiatrist. Boy was I just having fun on Valentines Day! He told me to soak my toe in white vinegar. ok thats what I'm going to do.

I then finally got a call from the ob/gyn surgeons office. They were finally able to get me a date for my surgery. I have to have a full hysterectomy and they have to also put my bladder back up. I will probably be in the hospital for a day or two according to the dr. I surely won't mind having a bed to myself for a day or two! I'm looking at this as a mini vacation.

So that was my wonderful Valentines Day! How was yours?

Today, I will be heading off to the Stonybrook Sports Complex for the County Wrestling Championships. I sure hope my 3 boys do well today. They really need it. If they do well today, they move on to tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep you all posted.
Ok... I've got to get my butt moving here. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear you've got a date for your surgery. I think you are having the right attitude about it too! Get yourself some new jammies to take with and a variety of pampering items. I totally understand how you feel with the sleeping situation. I have DH moving about and then DS making all kinds of noise in the room next to us! I'd just like to sleep through the night without noise and the electric blanket on high!

Sarah Coggins said...

Hope the boys do well tonight at the competition! Take some time to pamper yourself - sounds like you are running ragged b/t all these doctors' appts.

Linda said...

Good to see you back blogging. I'm glad you have a date for your surgery and hope that goes well. And I hope the boys do well in competition today.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Okay, Linda, what is the big toe's problem? I may have the same one and would like to know what the vinegar's for!

I think you done won the jackpot honey. Things are moving along real good, date-wise. Good for you for taking this vacay, girl. Let the hospital pamper you! (And hey, just don't expect a lot and you might not even realize it's not a spa, hehe). Maybe it's better, you get drugs! ...ta-duh-da! LMAO

CircesMagic said...

Oh my!!! Hope everything gets fixed on you soon.

still into the wrestling? Nothing stops you huh?

Be well!

Janet said...

Lynn, you're doing great taking care of all of your parts! ;-) Good that you have a date for your surgery. I'm sure it will go well and you'll be on your way to recovery in no time. Thx for stopping by my blog! It's good to have you back, when you can steal the computer! ha ha!

Noelia said...

So glad you got your surgery date Lynn, that's good news. I think I also need a new computer as I have to share it more and more with DD. She's getting into it more and more and spending more time on it now that she's growing. I want a laptop :)
Let us know how your boys did in wrestling.