Monday, February 18, 2008

What a weekend!

Well.... Folkstyle wrestling has officially come to an end for us here. This weekend was a doozy! Non-stop wrestling from Friday afternoon to Saturday evening at about 9:30pm. I was ready for bed when I finally got home.


My boys didn't do as well as we had hoped, but one did place 5th in the County. If anyone knows about our counties here they well understand that Suffolk is the largest county in NY. Its a little hard to believe but apparently true. Placing 5th is a huge accomplishment and I've very proud of him. Great job.


Now we are gearing up for Freestyle/Greco Roman wrestling. DJ will be training to be an official. Which means I guess I'm going to States in May! This is upstate in Binghamton during the Mothers Day weekend. Of course it is! They wouldn't have it on Fathers Day. Why ruin their holiday. Men!


The past few days I've been feeling pretty stiff and sore due to the weather. It has been very rainy and a little on the cold side with the exception of today.... it was 55 and poured all day.


I finally got a date for my surgery. I'm going into the hospital on March 3rd and I'm suppose to stay in for 2 full days. We will see. So no infusion for me next week.


Now for some weird reason... ds Joseph wanted to bleach his hair. I figure you know what.... there are better things that I could fight over with him (and do). This is small stuff and it will grow out or he will get a hair cut (boy does he need one, ugh). Here is the new Joseph!

He thinks it looks cool and he looks like a surfer and a rocker. He is such a dreamer. lol

Speaking of dreams.... 2 peas challenge for today: If you could go on a dream vacation where would it be and with whom?

I would love to take a cruise to many different countries. Cruise Greece, Italy, Alaska, Europe, Austraila just all over. I would want to be alone! Peace and quite. I would never be able to travel with anyone except my youngest sister for that long of time. We don't get on each others nerves at all! I couldn't be at sea longer than 7 days with dh. I've done it and wanted to throw him overboard after day 1, lol! He is no fun!

Ok... I'm out of here for now. I have to try to get some sleep! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Ok, now, Lynn -- I am clueless about this wrestling business. I thought it was all the same! Folkstyle, Freestyle, Greco/Roman?? Had no idea!

I think Joseph's hair looks fine! The blond curls will no doubt get him some attention! :-)

I'm all for traveling alone, too. I think it's super hard to travel with ppl, even my own family!

Have a good one, Lynn! Janet

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great photos of J - I smell a layout! LOL To record that hair if nothing else. Looks like he fits right in to me. Which is good, since that's probably the point. LOL

Hope you manage to keep your power surge up and not let any of these flares devestate your schedule. If it does it does. We can never tell, just wunnerful, huh?

KarenSue said...

sounds like a fun mother's day...ummm...I'm thinking they are going to owe you something WONDERFUL!!

Lida said...

Your son looks really cute with his new look, awesome that you have a date for your surgery I will be thinking of you, and that trip sounds awesome, also I tagged you in my blog.

Sherri said...

So glad to see you posting again. Saw Tracy a couple weeks ago and she said you were hoping to get out here in a couple months...yay! Finally, I might get to actually meet you.

Your schedule makes me tired just reading it LOL Glad you have a date for surgery...that's got to be a huge relief. I hope it goes smoothly and you enjoy your time away from the family.

Heather said...

So glad to hear you survived the weekend! I think it's so funny when teenage boys think they look cool! It's nice that you let him do that stuff though. I always wanted blue hair and now I'm way too old to get away with that! My mom would have had a cow though if I'd done it when I was younger. I guess it's a dream I have to let go!

Noelia said...

I think that colour looks good on Joseph :)
Try to rest a little between wrestling tournaments.

Linda said...

Joseph hair looks cool. Glad that the boys did well this weekend,5th place is awesome!