Thursday, March 01, 2007

Here we go again

I've decided to start my diet again! Yes, again. Well, back in December when I had the surgery and everything I stopped my exercising like the dr. said to and I of course started eating all the garbage again. Its now time to get myself back together. I don't do this for anyone but me so you would think it would be easy. Nahhhh... not in the least.

Heres the thing... When the weather was nice (well at least warm) I would walk the track 2 miles everyday. Now that it is cold out I really can't because of my arthritis. If it is about 45 degrees out I can probably do it all bundled up. And of course now I wouldn't be walking 2 miles right off the bat, maybe a mile the 1st day and then work my way back up. I also would do a ton of sit ups! 200 usually a day. To be honest with you... the only thing they really helped with was my lower back. For the last 2 weeks my lower back has been killing not to mention my neck. So I really need to get my butt exercising. It is crying for me to do it (I think).

I'm also not going to eat all the junk! I filled up on it yesterday! Today will be sensible meals. I try to do a mostly low carb diet and it works well for me. I really didn't gain much weight since December about 5 lbs, but everything is flabby again and hanging over. You know what I mean. I hate that. I just hope that it is nice out so I can get to the track today. I'm not going to over do it! I don't want to be in so much pain tomorrow that I can't do anything. I've learned that along time ago. I just want to get started. Nice and slow.

2peas challenge for today: Are you a pet person? If so, what is your ideal pet?? What would you just love to have one day??? if you don't have it already? I am!!! I just love my baby! She is a 5 year old Lhasa Apso. Thats a dog, lol. We have had here since she is 2 1/2 months old. Her name is Lacey, well that is what we call her but her registered name is Heavenly Lacey Angel! she is Black with white patch under her neck and white paws. She is the love of this house. Lacey is so tender and loving you can't help yourself from loving her back. This is a photo of Lacey with my niece.

Here is another photo of Lacey with my sister-in-laws dog Sparky. This one was taken on ds DJ's birthday. She thinks she is a person most of the time. Hope everyone has a terrific day!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Lynn... could you kick my butt back in gear too??? I've gained back some of the pounds I lost! So frustrating!

Noelia said...

I've also gained weight since I started the basement reno! Too much stress makes me binge and binge some more. Let us know how you do with your new regimen.
Lacey is such a cute girl!

toners said...

Can you pass some of that motivation over here? I am badly in need of some!! Good luck to you :) What a cute dog!! Very sweet photos :)

Sofia said...

Awww What a cute doggie. :-)

Good luck with working out again. I really should get off my butt too.

Janet said...

She is soooooo sweet! I love those pictures. Post more! :-) Janet

EquineSpirit said...

Awwww....such a cute doggie!!