Friday, April 18, 2008

Ohhhh no... Cards!

Yes... I did it! I went to the this small card party and it was very nice. I learned a few techniques and well I even manged to get 3 cards done! I didn't realize that there was so much cutting involved in some of the card designs. I give you guys credit! I'm not a great cutter and I think I take forever because I don't want to screw it up.

So the first card we made was this very cute card, which I have to say took me forever to cut out! I could not believe it. I swear there is something wrong me. It is a pretty simple card and I was the last one done with it. The first photo is the front of the card and the second photo is the inside. *Sorry the scan's are horrible. My scanner must need to be really cleaned.


The next card we worked on was this beauty. I just love the vibrant colors that I was able to achieve. This card was nice and easy for me. lol


The last card we did was another challenge. It has double stamping! Ohhh boy. I really like how it came out though. There were a few elements on this one. I love the glitter or diamond dust as I was told and there is a wonderful texture on this card.... we used a dryer sheet before putting the diamond dust on. Very interesting.


All in all.... I had a wonderful evening and learned something new. This was all done with a Stampin Up consultant and she was just wonderful and fun. The big question is will I start making cards on my own? I'm not sure, but maybe. I give all you card makers and big applaud because I found it very difficult to work on a small area especially with my RA. Aimees... I don't know how you do it!

Other news....... Jonathon flew in yesterday with his friend to go and see the Yankees play Boston. How unfortunate that they lost! I was sad for them. I am glad that they had a good time though.

Oh yeah and I took the truck to the mechanic. Not good. My Explorer is a 6 cylinder and it is only running on 5! I haven't quite decided what to do yet. I will keep you all posted.

Hope you all have a terrific Friday!

10 comments:

Dee said...

holy crow girlfreind! you are fast!! I thought you did a great job - it was fun!

renee said...

Okay, that first card is just too funny. I really need to find that pattern.

Juliana said...

The flowery card is so beautiful!

Heather said...

Beautiful cards Lynn! Love them all!

Lida said...

Oh I love them all, specially the second one love the colors!!

CircesMagic said...

They are beautiful!!!! I love the first one the most.

Sherri said...

Love the cards! Been catching up on your blog and can't wait to see you.

Maybe an electric shock collar :) would work on getting that kid out of bed LOL I'm lucky if mine let me sleep past 6 am!

toners said...

Yeah Lynn!! Great job with the cards! I really like the first one - it made me LOL!! So...do you have the cardmaking bug now?

Aimeslee Winans said...

OMG, girl, your cards are awesome! I'm speechless if these are your first cards? That was a lot of stuff ya'll used too. It would take me half a day to get all that stuff out and then put away, ROFL. They say a good way to start doing cards is to do a layout and then use your leftovers and do a card right then. Linda (dot bugs) likes to do that.

Janet said...

What a fun batch of cards! Love the colors on the second one...what did you use for the background? It's beautiful! TFS!