Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What can I say?

Its been a hectic week here. It started on Sunday, I had to get up at 5:30am to start to get ready for the Wrestling Tournament that DJ was entering. We had to leave a little early because we were picking up another kid who needed a ride. These types of tournaments seem to take forever (and they do) mainly because you need to get there usually between around 7:30am to register and get weighed in. Sometimes this can take over 1 hour depending how many kids (men) are entering the event.

So DJ finally gets up to the table, gets all his paperwork taken care of and goes and gets weighed in. He came out grinning from ear to ear. I was like "D" whats the matter? He responded with "I'm 171". I knew he was big! but not that big. All of a sudden I got a little shock of pain. Thinking omg he is going to have wrestle some guy who is a monster. As soon as I was going to say something to him he was like Mom, don't even say a thing. So I didn't. On that note he was starving and it was time to find a diner. Well... we drove, and drove some more... no diners. I could not believe it! What kind of town was this with no diner! We ended up at a deli for breakfast, which I was not eating so I didn't really care.

Jumping ahead to the tournament finally starting. We sat and waited for them to call to DJ's name and nothing. I was getting tired already. Finally they called him about 12-noon! Thats a long time to be sitting and standing around doing nothing. Lets just say... my back, my neck and my feet were killing me! The first match was against a wrestler we've never seen before. He was much taller than DJ and he might have weighed a little more also. To my delight DJ dominated the entire match and it ended quickly. This would be the only match I have photos of because the other kid we drove there with us... I gave him the camera to take the actual photos while I video taped.. and you guessed it. He didn't take ANY photos! I'm so mad! So here are the 3 photos that I actually took of DJ wrestling Sunday.

DJ went on to wrestle another match about 2 hours later and he won that one also. He walked away taking GOLD! Not to bad since this is the first time he is wrestling live in over 1 year. He is also getting ready for the EMPIRE STATE GAME trials that are set for June. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for him to place 1st or 2nd there.

Other than that, nothing much else is going on here. The weather has been just wonderful and I wish it was making me feel better, but it is not! I've actually been in quite a bit of pain the last week now. I still can't start my treatment up again either. So I guess I just have to grin n bear it.

The count down continues.... just 5 more day's til' I leave for Vegas! I just can't wait!

Also, for all my card making friends, I'm attempting to make a 50th Birthday Card for a close friend of ours. Once I get it done I will post it.
Hope everyone has a terrific day!

14 comments:

Staci said...

Congratulations to DJ! :-)

Lida said...

Congratulations to your son!! And sounds like you´ve been busy!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, DJ is rockin the house. I'd be ticked at no photos too. It's a wonder he didn't lose the camera.

I've been feeling crappy too, trying to ignore it but no dice. It's heatin up down here too and I'm not ready for it. LOL

mborrero said...

sports shots! tricky

http://livingasalifeartist.blogspot.com

Janet said...

Congrats to DJ on the win! Very impressive! Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Hope that you'll feel better when you get to LV!! Have a great day! Janet

Darcey said...

Congrats DJ!

jillconyers said...

WTG DJ! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Vegas will be the prefect cure :)

Dee said...

well congrats!!! and the WRESTLING scrapbooking paper I found for you on my trip to PA yesterday will be perfect!!

Sherri said...

Congrats to DJ. Can't wait till you get here!

Linda said...

Congrats to DJ on both wins!

Heather said...

Good for DJ! That's great! Sorry you had to spend some much time waiting around. My dance contests were like that too when I was kid. Can't wait to see the card you make!

toners said...

Great photos! And congrats to DJ! Looking forward to seeing your card...

Dan said...

Congrats to DJ on his Gold! Awesome! I'm sure by now you're enjoying Vegas or getting ready to leave so I hope you have an awesome time girl!

Noelia said...

Lynn, I didn't realize that I was logged in with Dan's blog and my comment above was left by me but with Dan's account. I wanted to clarify that so you don't think you're been stalked by some Dan guy hehe