Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Back!

It has been some time since I've been on. I was doing so well there for awhile, but then my mother board fried. I had to get a new one and have everything updated. So, it's been almost 2 full weeks without a computer. I have to say that this house is quite boring without it. It is amazing how much we all look forward to getting on here. I did part of my "A Week in my Life" and I am hoping to get it all finished by this weekend. I'm going to another crop.

Now we already know what happens to me when I go to a crop. I pretty much get nothing done. I'm hoping that this weekend will prove to be different. This will probably be one of my last crops since Wrestling season is creeping upon me.

For those of you that check in here and follow what is going on in my crazy life, we did very well with our concession stand raising almost $1,200. for the wrestling team. I am voting to earmark most of that money to go towards the summer wrestling camp to bring down the cost for each kid that attends. I know that it is not a lot of money, but it will help. Who know's I might just make those boy's do a car wash or two also this year.

Let's see, Joseph is still being Joseph. Today when I picked him up from school I asked him if he went to every single class and of course he said "YES". Well.... as I got here just a few mins. ago. I got an email from his English teacher stating that Joseph was NOT in class today. I think I'm going to have to give up on this kid. If anyone knows of a good bootcamp program or something let me know. Right now he is outside with Danny ripping down the motor to the Mustang. I was going to say something to him right away, but I figured that would only get him all pissy and then Danny would be left out there all by himself tonight doing this thing. I'll mention it to him in an hour when they come in. Why should everyone be aggravated because of Joseph right now.

Today, as usual, my dad called me. This time to report that he had to take my mom to the hospital. She is pretty sick and has a lot of fluid in her lungs. So they are keeping her for a while. Need I say she still has not quit smoking and won't use the oxygen tank. Enough said!

Other news.... Yesterday was Danny's Birthday! Yeah... the BIG 51! Boy it just seems like yesterday that he was 25 and I was 19! Good Golly! I've been with him that long? What was I thinking, lol. Of course, it doesn't feel that way any more, now I feel like I'm 80! Life goes on.

Well everyone, I'm so happy to be back and hopefully I will be able to keep up with everything. Now I'm off to try to catch up on a few of your blogs! Can't wait to see what I've missed.
As usual, I hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow you've been busy! Glad to hear the update and I hope you have a fun time at the crop. Don't worry about how much you get done and just enjoy it!

muirwoodsue said...

You did awesome with the concession stand. That is a ton of money. Glad Danny had a good birthday too. Time does go by fast! I don't get much done at crops other than socialize. But it's good to get out and try to have some fun!

Janet said...

You have been busy this month! That is a lot of money to raise for a concession stand. You must have had a lot of customers! Glad you got the comp. fixed. It's funny how much we all depend on them!