Friday, December 08, 2006

Get to know me Christmas

Bonnie Rose had this posted on her blog today so I decided I could not sleep, why not do it. So here it is:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them of course!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have colored lights on our tree and everything outside
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? It is never the same every year.Just whenever I have the time or my kids finally say " Our we ever going to put the tree up?" lol . This year my dd took control and got the tree up and we started decorating on Wednesday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I really don't know if I have a Favorite dish, but I love lasangna
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I always remember my grandmother coming to stay with us the day after Christmas and it was always something that I just loved. She would stay with us for 2 months. After a month my grandfather would come and stay for the other month with her. That was the only time each year we got to see them unless we drove to NY (we lived in FL) in the summer to visit.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? This is a little fuzzy,,, I think my I was about 9 and it was a year that my parents decided to get all 5 kids new bikes for Christmas. You should've seen my dad trying to get all these bikes together in the middle of the night. Very noisy.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We usually open one gift on Christmas Eve which is an old family tradition. I don't really know why we do, but we do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My tree is a mish mosh of everything. It does not have a theme. It is covered with everything that my kids made while in grade school for Christmas and ornaments that me and the kids would make while they were growing up.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Don't like snow... don't like winter, give the sunshine and the hot summer (no humidity, please!)
12. Can you ice skate? I could when I was younger. Now I would probably fall all over the ice.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I do! It was a beautiful blonde haired doll that spoke french. The dolls hair was pretty and you could make it long or short by pushing a button in her head. lol I don't remember what she was called, but she was my fav gift when I was younger.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? For me, its about giving. And it doesn't have to be a gift. I try to show my kids that you can give in many different ways. Donate your time. Help someone in need. The gift of giving.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?I want to say my favorite dessert is Bonnie Roses "Sex in a Pan" but I don't have a clue what it is. So I will have to go with my grandmothers ribbons. I don't know what they are really called, because my grandmother always called them ribbons and on her old receipe cards she even titled it Ribbons! When I make them next week I will post photos.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love just spending time with the family and friends.
17. What tops your tree? I have this beautiful angel all lit up on the top of my tree. She has been topping my tree for over 20 years now.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, that's a no brainer.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause. I just love that song!
20. Candy Canes? I love them.. mostly cinnamon but I also love peppermint.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe we can get Bonnie to post that recipe!

Melissa said...

love this list! might have to do this on my blog too ;)