Monday, December 04, 2006

Traditions

2peas challenge for today: What are some of the annual traditions you do every year during the Holiday season? blog about them... Well for us, its all about wrestling this time of year. I know that is weird but that is what we do. Me and the kids will also do our baking and make my grandmothers "ribbons" (they are pretty much fried pastry dough with powdered sugar). This Sunday coming up (as long as the weather holds up) we will put up the tree and the lights outside. But that is really it. When my whole family was still here we would do a Christmas Eve party at my parents, but they are in Las Vegas now and so are my sisters, brothers, and my oldest son. Its not the same anymore. I miss those times. I can't wait til' I'm there for good also. Then the tradition will continue!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your grandmother's ribbons sound sinful Lynn!

Theresa said...

It's hard as family changes and traditions change. We used to have a BIG party on Christmas Eve, too. But as the years have gone by, it's gotten smaller and smaller. I totally understand how you feel!

Sofia said...

Those ribbon pastries sound yummy!

Noelia said...

I totally get how you feel. We moved away from our families over 10 years ago and the traditions have changed and we have made our own. It sure is nice to go back home for Christmas and celebrate with all the extended family.