Monday, December 18, 2006

Tiring Weekend

Hi everyone! I've been missing again. I had a very hectic week and was not feeling well either. My cold (a head cold) started last Sunday. That was just the start of the week for me. This cold just lingered. I had to stay home most of the week and try to sweat this one out because I was having surgery on Friday. I was lucky and it was pretty much all gone by Friday morning. Surgery went on without a hitch. Of course most people would take it easy for a few days after surgery, but not me.... I had to be at a Wrestling Tournament all day on Saturday and was not going to miss it for anything. That was 13 hours in a gym! What was I thinking??? I sure made up for yesterday. I could barely move and slept until about 10am which I never do.
Wrestling was TERRIFIC! Our team did an outstanding job at this tournament. There were 8 school teams there (ours is the biggest with 70 boys) and a lot of matches going on. My son DJ took 2nd place at the 130 weight pound class. Here are some photos of him.
The photo below he is the kid in the green uniform and you can see his face. I usually can't get a good photo because they are moving so fast that I end up with their rear ends in the camera.
The photo above he is pinning the kid he is going against. He won this match by getting that pin. It was a very long day that is for sure. Our team came home with a lot of trophies and that makes me happy. They really give it their all.
Well, I'm going to go for now. I need to get some rest. I really couldn't sleep that good last night. I also have a dr. appt this afternoon to check the stitches. I will hopefully be back later tonight or tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day.

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

((HUGS!!)) I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope things go well at your appointment. Congrats on the wrestling wins!!

Noelia said...

Congrats to your DS for getting 2nd place in the tournament. I hope you get well soon and take the time to rest.