Thursday, November 08, 2007

Favorite Quote

Todays 2 peas challenge is: Find a quotation that moves you and write it down. Why does it move you?
My quote is:
You never stand so tall as when you stoop to help a child.
I have loved this quote for over 24 years. I saw this when I moved up here from FL. It is on a huge sign (smaller than a billboard) on the side of a main road. The sign is surrounded by trees. I thought that it was weird that this sign was sitting on the side of road near the cementeries, but no matter how many times I go past it, I have to slow down and get the whole effect of it and read it slowly to myself.
I'm not really sure why it moved me.... maybe because I was a fairly new mom when I first saw it and it really made me think... you know to a child we are tall and strong. When a child needs help with something and we bend over to help them... guess what? We are STILL TALL! we've just come down to their level to help them out. That is what a child sees. A giant helping them.
Well that is my take on my favorite quote. I can't wait to read others.
Today, there is alot going on. I have work, plus I really need to clean this house a little and then I have my 4-5 hours of Remicaid infusion. I am really hoping that the Remicaid kicks in this time around. It really didn't do a thing last month to be honest. I go back to the dr. next week and I know he is going to take me off it if it doesn't work this time around.
Other than that, that is really it. Not sure I could any more than that today anyway.
Hope everyone has a Great Thursday.

6 comments:

Linda said...

That is a good quote. I still am having a hard time picking one.

Patter Cross said...

I pray the Remicaid works for you this time. If not, I pray they have a treatment for you that will be successful! Blessings,

toners said...

What a great quote...there are so many inspiring ones out there! Good luck with the Remicaid :)

Heather said...

I hope your day goes well Lynn! Loved the Halloween pictures! Yes, Shannon does look a little scary! But I guess I watched that Stephen King movie one too many times!

Noelia said...

That is a wonderful quote, I had never heard of it before and it touched me very much. So true!
Hope you feel better soon, I wish there was something I could do for you, until then...here's a big HUG for ya!

P.S Loved Shannon's costumes! She's such a fun girl!

Aimeslee Winans said...

<3 <3 xoxo