Thursday, November 29, 2007

Skill's

2 peas challenge for today: What's one skill you've wanted but don't have? Wow, this is a great question and a very difficult one for me. There are sooooo many things that I've wanted but don't have. The list could take me forever. I would have to say that the one skill that I wish I was really good at would have to be ORGANIZATION! I really stink at it! I have crap everywhere. Of course I know where it all is, but it is everywhere. I'm less organizied at home. When it comes to wrestling and work (when I worked) I was pretty organized with that stuff. Unfortunately, my home is not. I really hate it that I don't have a home that is neat and organizied, but I don't have a lot of space and NO closets or storage space in this house. So everything is left out in the open and it all looks horrible.

I keep saying that I should apply for that show Clean Sweep and let them come in and do some magic. It would be amazing to see what they would do to help my situation. Plus, they usually do 2 rooms in the house! Yahoo.... I would pick my basement and .... my bedroom! It would be a lot of work. Both rooms are cluttered with tons of stuff. Oh well... a girl can dream, can't she!

Let's see... nothing else is really going on. The cold weather has come in and I'm sure I mentioned in the past that I really don't like cold weather. It just makes my days more difficult. I tried to do some on-line shopping the last few days, but nothing jumped out at me. I think I only got my boys the extra remote for the Wii. I still need to get Jonathon and Shannon gift cards and mail them. I would love to be done by December 8. That is my plan. Other than that, everything else here is pretty quite. I hope everyone has a great day!

9 comments:

Noelia said...

Organization is a constant work in progress. I think I have that gift but guess what? I still have crap! LOL!
Being in a small home is harder because of lack of storage like you said so you know what I discovered? PURGING! I had to be a heartless and cold blooded purger and that has make my life so much easier! These days I've been prepping the house for the holidays and I haven't blogged much, I'm prioritazing and also....I joine FLylady! I read about it here on your blog and I went to check it out. So far so good. I like the little reminders and how easy it is to delete them if they don't apply for me and such. Thanks for letting me know.

I tell you, if I'm ever in your area, we would do our own version of Clean Sweep ;-)

Sherry said...

I love that show!! It's the bomb! I just told my mother n law that I wanted them to come to my house too. Everything looks so nice and neat... clean and pretty when they are done. I'm a mild pack rat who married a severely Major pack rat... so our home has "stuff" everywhere too... YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :D

Isn't it too early to be shopping for Christmas?? The earliest is the week before Christmas, but Christmas Eve will work. (Can you hear the sarcasim?) LMBO!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Ah, yes, I'd love better organization too. I'm also fighting the small house, very little closet space challenge. It's never ending. I just keep trying to clear out (sell, donate, trash) things that we don't need and/or use so we have space to live!

Sherri said...

You and organization sounds like me LOL when I worked I was so organized there it drove my co-workers crazy but the house...

I'm fighting the small house thing too. Our old house was pretty organized except the den (where I scrapped). This house tho' is a big (for us anyway) step down and so we're dealing with too much furniture for the space on top of the everyday stuff. I completely feel your pain!

QueenTracy said...

I LOVE CLEAN SWEEP! And I feel your pain. I always think I could be a better organizer. I've even bought organizing books that I am sure are buried under a pile somewhere. *giggle*

CircesMagic said...

You know that I know first hand how cold NY gets, but can I say that Indiana is FREEZING, even the dogs don't want to go out, LOL!!!

I have seen clean sweep but my heart belongs to Clean House...my mom doesn't get it but have you seen it, I just love the designer on the show Mark Brunetz, the girls like watching it in the morning while they get ready for school, LOL!

Keep warm!

Colleen said...

I know all about the organization thing... I used to do soooo much better before there were 2 little kids in the house! I'm in purge mode again these days after seeing the Oprah thing on hoarding too!

I hear ya on the cold weather too!

Janet said...

Organization is a challenge for me, too. I think I'm pretty organized but I suffer from PILES of stuff everywhere, too. I don't like to part with ANYTHING! I've been trying to tackle one room, or drawer, at a time. It's a slow process but it is working! I love that Clean Sweep show, too...except that they make you get rid of stuff! ha ha Janet

toners said...

Well, at least your crap is organized, right? So you're halfway there :) How are you feeling these days? I hope you're well! ((hugs))