Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shopping!

Ok, I know that most of you have started your holiday shopping. I for one started a while ago! I started to pick up CD's and DVD's months ago that the kids and dh were asking for. I had a stock pile of stuff! I have to say that I'm pretty much finished. I did the major bulk on Black Friday and now I only have a few minor things to get and gift cards (which I always save for last, you can get them anytime). I also did some shopping on-line yesterday. I was able to get a few small things that I missed out on, on Friday.

The boys are very funny. They are at an age that they know the things that they are asking for are very expensive and since dh is not working it is very difficult. So each of them listed like 4-5 things.

Here is Joseph's list: Guitar Hero 2 or 3 for PS2, a video rocker chair, GPS (I had to laugh, he doesn't have a car, lol), and the Wii.
This is what he got so far: Guitar Hero 3 with 2 guitars for PS2, the video rocker, Zune 30gb, videos, cds, clothes, and the Wii (which will be shared, because DJ had that on his list also).

DJ's list: Wii, Golf game for the Wii, Bourne Ultimatium DVD, and Vitergo CGL (a weight lifting supplement), and Red Hot Chili Peppers cd.
This is what he got so far: The Wii (see above), Bourne Ultimatium, other dvds, Red Hot Chili Peppers cd, Vitergo CGL, clothes, cell phone, golf game for Wii.

The other 2 are getting AMEX gift cards. Its just easier and this way they can just go and get what they need or want.

That is it for me. I can't wait to be done. I would like to have everything done by the end of next week. That is when wrestling season kicks it up into high gear! Then I have no time for much of anything.

How are your shopping plans going? Tell me about it.

8 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

WTG on your shopping! I used to start early in the year (still do pick up an item or two as some grabs my eye), but it's harder now as we do a lot of name drawing which means I don't know who I'm shopping for until Thanksgiving! My goal this week is to make a list of who and what so I can knock it out in the next 2 weeks.

jillconyers said...

Wii and Guitar Hero on Christmas lists here too!

My shopping is almost done :) Now I can go to the mall for fun. I like the crowds.

Colleen said...

I'd say you've done pretty well! Wow! I don't have a lot to do, but I still need to do it!

My boys are still small enough that they don't really have much on their lists, but DH and I have already discussed that it's only going to get worse as they get older!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Sounds like your doing good on your shopping. We also got guitar hero and Wii

Darcey said...

You have lots of shopping done, I have not even started!

Linda said...

Congrats on getting most of your shopping done. I just started but I hope to be done before the 15th.

toners said...

Great job! I had a good shopping day yesterday and made a big dent in my list..planning to do most of the remainder online :) Trying to avoid those mall crowds wherever possible!

Sherri said...

I haven't even started shopping LOL Good for you being almost done. We're talking about getting the boys the wii too...if we can still find one after Friday LOL