Monday, March 19, 2007

Finally

....I've been able to get something done that is scrapbook related! Yahoo!!! I'm pretty excited that I was actually able to get anything done. It kind of gave me the itch to get my butt back in gear and work on some stuff. I have well over 500 photos of wrestling that I should organize and get some of them in a scrapbook. This is one of my plans for the next week and a half.


The other is getting this house a little more organized and get ready for sunny Las Vegas! Yes,,, its that time again! I'm off to Vegas for 10 wonderful days. Ok, 4 of the days will be spent in the Sports Complex because DJ is going to be wrestling. I can't wait and just keep crossing my fingers that he will do well and not injury his knee or any other body part during this tournament! We are staying for Easter again this year also. It is nice to have Easter with my parents, my oldest son and sisters. This is the one holiday that we are able to do this since Christmas is spent in the gym wrestling.


This Circle Journal book that I just worked on is an odd size book and I really didn't know what to do in it. It has a pretty simple theme "Summertime" so choosing photos was not the problem. It was the size and fitting everything in it. The page size was like 3 3/4" x 8 1/2" not a lot of scrapping room, (well for me). So I decided to make extra room for my 2 pages allowed by using hinges on the sides of the pages to make "barn doors" to my 2 pages, giving me extra room. I think they came pretty good for the first time using hinges also on a project.
The first photo is of my "barn doors" as I like to call to them. You can see the hinges at the top and the bottom.

Once you open up the 2 red doors this is what you have inside! Oh well... I tried. It is very simple and to the point. The top page says "Summer Loves"... Boating.... Oceans. The 2nd one has ... Swimming.... Tubing.... Beaches. The 3rd says... Sunsets..... Sunshine and Family. The last one just tells a little bit about the summers and what we do in the summer here on Long Island.

So this Saturday was St. Pattys Day! and it is my anniversary! Its been a long 25 years that is for sure. I can't believe that I put up with his crap for this long, lol. We really didn't do much. Just went for dinner and came home. But it was nice.

That was pretty much the extent of my weekend. I did much of nothing but get this journal ready for the mail.

2peas challenge: Blog about 10 songs on your current playlist. What are they? What are your 10 pieces of music that u like to listen to, right now? Blog about it!

Well, I know that this might be a little bit hard to believe, but I do not have a MP3 or ipod or anything like that. I still use a cd walkman when needed. Some of my favorite songs (which mostly consist of Oldies)that I did burn to a cd are:

1. Brown Eyed Girl 2. This Used to be my playground (Madonna) 3. When I'm 64 (Beatles) 4. Sweet Home Alabama 5. The boys are back in town 6. Who's Crying Now 7. American Pie 8. Good Vibrations (Beach Boys) 9. Painted Desert (Joshua Kadison) 10. He ain't Heavy, He's my Brother 11. Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers) 12. Stand by me 13. Don't stop Believing (Journey) 14. Butterfly Kisses 15. In the arms of an angel

I know they are pretty old.. well most of them, but I love listening to them. Ok.. thats it for me this morning. Hope everyone has a Terrific Day.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy anniversary. I like your mini album and can certainly understand the difficulty with scrapping on such an odd size book. Think yours turned out great.

Jill said...

Pretty colors on your layout! Happy anniversary from a fellow non-ipod owner (though I borrow my daughter's) Jill (pea Jill_Ilene)

CircesMagic said...

Happy Anniversary, Good luck to your son!!!! Love the circle Journal and you hair color is fabulous!!!! Hope all is well!

Noelia said...

It's great to see that you've been having some fun scrappin away. Love how your CJ LO turned out. I finished a CJ Io I was working on this weekend too!
Happy 25th Anniversary!

Noelia said...

oh and I forgot to say that you have some of my fave songs on your list! Love Under the bridge and Stand by me : )

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary Lynn!! Wow!! 25 years! Good for you! I love your layouts! So glad you were able to do some creative work.