Friday, March 30, 2007

Yahoo! It's Friday





I'm so happy that it is Friday! I really don't know why, but I am. Could it be that I don't have to get up at 6:15am to make sure that my 15 year old actually gets up for school and makes it to the bus tomorrow or for that matter for the next 12 days! Yep, they start their Easter Break tomorrow. I think I need this vacation more than them sometimes, lol.




We are looking forward to leaving for Vegas in 3 days! I just can't wait. The weather there has been perfect, so my sister, son, and father have called to tell me at least 3 times a day for the last week or so. They will do anything to rub it in to me. I have to say, that it has been pretty nice here for the last 5 days! Lots of sunshine, low humidity and for the first 3 days we even had temps up to and over 60. The last 2 days have been sunny, but very windy and a lot colder. It will be nice to get into some 80-90's sunshine.




Yesterday I took a few pictures of the flowers that are Springing up in the flower bed by my porch. As you may have read in a previous post, I'm not into gardening. Do not like it. I love the flowers when they bloom, but could really care less if I had flowers in the yard to be honest. So dh wanted flowers so I told him to go and plant bulbs that way he could have flowers in the spring. I wasn't get that job of planting and taking care of it. So here are the some of the colors that popping up in my front yard.

I noticed that the tulips are coming up and should be fully open in about a week. So dh was very excited to see his flowers blooming.


Yesterday, I was able to get a little nap since I really didn't get to sleep. Which I didn't get to sleep last night either due to dh's snoring and lifting the roof off the house! I was up the entire night. He was pretty bad last night. I can usually get him to stop if I rub his shoulder and then he turns over. But for some reason last night he just kept turning back on his back!ugh... exhausted again. I'm not going to go back to sleep this morning after the kids leave for school. I'm going to try to get to the track and walk and go for my tan. I also cleaned up this house a little. It sure needs a good spring cleaning! I might have to get someone in to help this year. I was even able to actually color my hair yesterday! yeah for me. No more grays (at least for the next 3 weeks, lol). Took one photo of the end result (Warning: NO MAKE UP!).


Yes, I know, Pretty scary!

2peas challenge for today: What is one book you would recommend for someone who is new to scrapbooking or looking for new/useful information? I don't really know and I'm hoping that the rest of the gal and guys at 2peas can recommend some good books for me. Always looking to better myself. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

Noelia said...

You so deserve a little getaway in Vegas! I'm a little jealous here, no vacations for us..at least for a while. Your flowers look lovely, flowers cheer me up but I'm not much of a gardener either.
Lynn, I was laughing at the comment you made about your DH's snoring..Dan does the exact same thing! He snores when he sleeps on his back and I "gently" poke him on the shoulder and he knows to go on his tummy. Too funny! I, of course, don't snore ; )
Your hair is looking lovely darling!

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

Love the flower pics and your hair! I,myself, have a black thumb. I managed to kill a bamboo plant that was on my desk at work! This past summer, I found vinca's at Lowe's. These are really hearty flowers that do well in the sun. They lasted all summer!

EquineSpirit said...

Have fun in Vegas! My parents have been there many times and always rub it in when they get home...LOL!

CircesMagic said...

My mother does all my planting, so I guess once I move my yard will be bare, LOL! I love flowers, just hate playing in the dirt!....Love your hair color! Vacation here too, WOOHOO!!!