Monday, June 11, 2007

Hectic Weekend

Boy, did I have a hectic time since Thursday, MY BIRTHDAY! This time of year in my house is just non-stop, I tell you. The boys have finals in school and then Regents (which is a State Exam and of course NY is the only state that requires you to pass them in order to graduate!) Also trying to get things a little more organized since my mom and nephew are flying in for DJ's graduation in less than 2 weeks. If it is not one thing it is another.


Thursday, was spent pretty peacefully at home! The kids and dh surprised me with cake, cards, balloons and well gifts. dh thinks it is fun to do scratch off lottery games! I'd much rather have the money he spent on them to tell you the truth. Oh well... I did end up winning $50. off them. Here is a picture of me and my cake! UMMMMM... just love this cake! all chocolate with dark fudge frosting and fresh strawberries on top! Everyone who is born in June asks for this cake for their birthday! Boy do we have a lot of June birthdays!


Friday, Danny and I took the boat out for the day! We went to our favorite spot, Sore Thumb! It is very clean there and I love to relax and watch the party boats drift for fish.


Saturday, I went for a manicure! yeah for me. The first one in months! The weather was not the best, but tolerable. Plus, I ended up having the invasion of the ants in my kitchen. So I was scrubing and throwing away everything in the cabinets.


Sunday, was just another day relaxing and well laundry! It was pretty overcast so not much sun out there. I took some photos for the Funky Photo Friday challenge that Heather started. We were to use the Macro setting on our camera (if we have one) or zoom in! Now I've got to tell you that I have the Macro setting and I never really use it! I usually just zoom in! I tried it yesterday and really didn't see much difference. I think its me though. Here is one of my photos for that. You can check out the rest of the photos if you want on my Picture Nut blog : http://picturenut.blogspot.com/

2 peas challenge:If you could write a letter to your younger self, knowing what you've learned in life already, what would that letter say? Wow this is a very good question. I really have to think about this one. There are a lot of things I would want to say. One that pops right out at me is : Don't waste your time arguing about the small stuff. There are a lot bigger things that need to be argued instead. Pick your battles wisely, don't just jump right into the flame. Live each day to its fullest. Learn to say NO ! You don't have to do everything that crosses your path. Cherish every moment you have with your kids. They grow up fast and won't be around as much. You will miss them even thought the teenage years will make you crazy, you will it.

Well that is just a little bit. Of course it would be in a nice letter form not just all jumbled together.

3 comments:

Noelia said...

So glad you posted pics of your birthday. You look great and 35 looks good on you! ;)

Melissa said...

you look wonderful!-and your b-day sounds great, winning $50 is a definite plus ;)

yay for manicures!! i need to get one soon...

Jill said...

Very pretty pictures and YUMMY looking cake!!!!!!!!!!!