Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lets eat cake!

This past Saturday, my ds DJ graduated from High School. The day was perfect. We had decided a long time ago to give him a party, but we were going to have it on Sunday. Makes for an early night, so we thought, lol. Anyway, just like with my older two children I had a cake made up. It will ,usually, have a cute little saying on it. This year was no different! I thought long and hard on this one. My dd's cake was so easy to do. I put two photos on the cake, one was a baby picture and the other was a Sr. picture, they were side by side on the cake. They saying was... "You've Come A Long Way Baby!" The cake was awesome and no one wanted to cut it was so beautiful. My ds Jonathons cake was cute also. It had a picture of him on crutches ( he was always breaking some bone somewhere) and it said: "Try Not to Break the Other Leg! Good Luck"


Now it was time to think of something new for this one. It was a difficult challenge for me. Then all of a sudden I was looking through pictures of DJ and said this is it! I saw a photo of him doing a muscle pose (one of many) and decided this is it and the saying on the cake is going to be "So.... You Muscled Your Way Through, Congratulations DJ!" It was perfect.When he saw the cake, he couldn't wait to show it off to all his friends that were here. Then we started to cut the cake and he was so funny.. he wouldn't let anyone have a piece of the picture. His friends were like you are kidding? He said here you can have this little sliver from the one side. I was cracking up. He is so funny. We did eventually eat the entire cake. It was really terrific! So here you go a photo of a great cake.


It was also my ds Josephs Birthday on Sunday. I figured kill two birds with one party. So of course we had cake for him also. It is so difficult being 16! He did nothing but complain most of the day. He was very helpful getting everything set up and then he didn't even want any of his friends really. I was a little surprised. Oh well, maybe next year he will want it.

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

now that's a great cake!!!!!!

Sherry said...

Looks like yummy cake.

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

:)

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

Great cake! How funny!