Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stormy Weather

Last night we got hit with some MASSIVE thunder and lightning storms. Lets just say that the lightning was lighting up the skys for most of the night. Then add the unbelieveable humidity to the mix and it sure made for a very uncomfortable night that is for sure.

Well, yesterday afternoon my mom left to go back home. She said to me " I can't believe its time for me to go back" I was like "Mom, that's what happens when you only stay for 4 freakin' days". She thinks she is going to miss something at home. I could tell her she is missing nothing at all except about 110 weather. Of couse it probably felt about same here with all the humidity we've had the last 2 days. Oh well, she made it to her mid-point stop, Chicago Mid-way, and then they got the delays due to all the storms (the ones that hit us last night). Her plane finally got into Las Vegas about 7:30 pm and her and my dad sat waiting for the luggage with about 40 other people. Finally, they decided to check it out. And you guessed it, All 40 of them did not have luggage that followed them! My dad was pissed. Who knows where it is???? No one, but I'm upset with my mom, I told her not to put her medicine in the suitcase and that she needed to carry it with her (she does have a lot of med's), but she didn't want to. Now she doesn't have any of her medicine. I hope they find everyones luggage soon.

Other than that, nothing else is really going. We are suppose to get more storms this afternoon and boy this is killing me. I'm in sooooo much pain from all the humidity that its even hard to sit here today. So.. on that note, I'm going to get off here for now and go watch some Wimbeldon! Lets see who advances today. Any tennis buffs out there??? I really hope James Blake advances today.

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Oh my gosh. I hope she found her medication before she needed it

Heather said...

Glad to hear your mom and dad made it home safe. I hope the luggage turns up! That is such a pain.
Congratulations to DJ! And can I just say boys did NOT look like him and his friends when I was in high school! Maybe I needed to hang out with the wrestlers more!

EquineSpirit said...

Awwww....I hope they find your mom's meds and the humidity moves on soon. ((HUGS!!))