Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Who just turned 69?

My DAD! thats who. He is 69 years old today. My dad and I are very close. I guess that could be because I'm the oldest of 5 or the fact that I'm the first daughter. Maybe it's because our Birthdays are only 2 days apart and on every newborn baby photo he would put the date down at June 5, 1963 (btw I was born on June 7th). Who know's? Not me. It just happened this way. It is hard for me living across the country and not being able to spend birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays together all the time like we use to when he lived only 10 mins away. I really do miss those times. This is one of my favorite photos of my dad. It was taken June 1981! We were at Disney World. I just love the hat. Thats the way it was back then growing up in FL.

8 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

happy bday to your dad.. and happy bday to you.. in advance.. bdays are fun. plain and simple!

Heather said...

It is so wonderful that you have such a good relationship with your dad!

Allison Davis said...

Happy birthday to you and your dad!!

Kelly C said...

Happy birthday to you guys!!

EquineSpirit said...

That's sooo cool! Happy Birthday to your dad! Love the photo! And happy early birthday to you too!

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday to him and Happy Early Birthday to you! Great pic!

Noelia said...

Happy B-day to your dad!
Love that pic!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your dad. This was a sweet post! Dana