Monday, June 04, 2007

Whew, What a Weekend!

Saturday we headed down to Cedar Beach for the Annual Wrestling Awards Picnic! It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze coming up from the beach. This is something the coaches do every year as long as the weather is good. Everyone has a awesome time reconnecting since wrestling season actually ended back in February for most of the team. There are a few that do summer wrestling like DJ.


Here are a few photos from the day! When I first arrived at the beach, I noticed 3 men getting some rays! I was a little shocked that it was our coaches. The first photo is of Coach Russo. He has been coaching for 28 years!
This next photo is of my closest wrestling friend, Josephine and Coach Dan Perez. Josephine is my partner when it comes to getting everything done for wrestling and I was a little sad since this is her last year. Her son graduates with DJ in 3 short weeks.
And here is DJ taking a quick break from the handball court.
Here we go.... there I am (wish someone would've told me I was so wide again) with Josephine and one of the other coaches Mark Frole.

Everyone had a terrific time. I will truly miss the boys and their families that leaving this year. Some of them I've watched wrestling since they were in 1st grade.

Now yesterday, the weather was just really crazy! It was sunny and hot, and humid in the morning. Then you started to feel the dampness come in. Eventually, the thunderstorms came and it was just really sticky. I did venture out earlier to a new LLS. It was very nice, but also very small. I hope they will do well there. They are only 10 mins from my home. The next closet LLS is about 40 mins from me. I still have Michaels on 15 mins away, but sometimes you just want to run in for scrapbooking.

How was your weekend????

3 comments:

Heather said...

So glad you had a good time! I love picnics like that! We had planned a picnic but Owen was not cooperating for that!

Jill said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!!

Noelia said...

A picnic at the beach...awwww reminds me of childhood memories! Seems like you had a lovely time.