Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Who Graduated???

It would be ds DJ! I can't believe it. Boy does the time fly. It just seems like yesterday that I was dropping him off for his first day of Kindergarten.He had a big smirky smile on his face and he was waving good-bye as he walked into the Rall Elementary School all those years ago. It is funny, because as he was walking onto the field with the procession and he passed me, I got that same big smirky smile and a little (kind of a fake) wave. He looked so handsome out there with the rest of the 559 graduates. Thank goodness, it was a very nice, pleasant day out there. The weather was just perfect!

After the ceremony, all the graduates walk back over to the gym. The parents, family and friends usually get together and take some photos. Well.... lets just say that no one, and I really mean no one could find DJ. Not even his friends! They were all looking for him so they could take some photos with him. No one could find him. About 30 mins later he comes out of nowhere. I was like where the heck were you? He said I went right into the gym to get my diploma! By that time... all his friends were now on line in the gym getting there diplomas and well you guessed it. I got no photos of DJ with anyone except my mother and he had no cap or gown! Oh well.. I guess that is the way the cookie crumbles.


Danny and I decided to have a party for DJ on Sunday instead of Saturday since so many kids were having parties on Saturday I really wanted him to enjoy his day. He first went to his friend Steve Pappas' party and stayed for about 2-3 hours and then headed off to Nick Chionchio's at the China Buffet for a few hours. Then he came home threw on some shorts and headed over to his friend Justin Anderson's for the rest of the night. He had a great time. And I have to say that I am very proud of him. He did not drink any beers or liquor at the first 2 parties. The last one he did drink beers and was driven home by one of the other kids moms. I'm am so thankful that he is a very responsible kid. As parents, we know that the law says they are not allowed to drink at this tender age, but also as parents we know they are going to! You are a lucky parent if your child knows how to be responsible while they are doing this.

So now it is Sunday, our party day. I was cooking up a storm from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. Danny and I were on again, off again to the whole idea of allowing beer (beer only) at this party. Finally, about 1 hour before the guests were to arrive we decided to go for it. Of course we had rules! DJ's friends had to be dropped off by a parent, picked up by a parent and if they drove I was to get their keys the minute they walked in the yard and before they left they had to pass my drunk driving test. I'm so happy to say, that I'm please that so many parents decided to be hands on this weekend and they were dropping off and picking up. I had a total of 3 boys that drove here and I have to say that 1 of them only had 1 beer the whole time he was here and was completely sober when he left 3 hours later. One of the others left his car here and was picked up by a parent. and the other passed my tests with flying colors. I had kids here from 3pm-1am, they were soooo good and at 10:30pm I asked them to tone it down for the neighbors and they did. DJ was soooo happy that we gave him this party and I was happy to do it for him.

Ok.. I rambled enough for today.... I will try not to do that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Noelia said...

What a day! Congrats to DJ for his graduation and a happy b-day to Joseph! Too bad you didn't get a chance to take pics at the graduation but sometimes you jus gotta go with the flow right? You must be very proud Lynn, what a great cause for celebration!

Melissa said...

I can tell you are very proud of him :) super congrats to DJ for his graduation! cant believe its already been 2 years since I was doing the same

CircesMagic said...

Awww, your baby graduated...so did mine, lets cry together! Where the heck does the time go??