Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Roof Above Me

2peas challenge for today:Let's talk about the place you live in, right now, tonite, this moment. What do you love about it? What do you hate about it? This is a very touchy subject with me. DH and I (along with 4 kids) moved into this house about 8 years out of pure desparate need for a home at the time. I hated this house the moment I laid eyes on it. Danny just loved it and the kids well.... couldn't wait to get out of it. It was known as the "Little Red House on the Block". This house was too small. Had only 1 bathroom (which it still has only 1 bathroom). No closets! NONE No storage space. The rooms are all soooo small. I didn't want to stay, but we really couldn't afford anything else. So we stayed. 2years ago the landlord asked if we would buy the house and she would hold the mortage. I did not want to buy this freakin house and Danny went behind my back and bought it by himself. ugh... so I am stuck in this house for 2 years more that I really didn't want to be. Since he bought the house, he has sided the front which I really like, and we re-did the living/dining rooms walls and floors. Everything is the same size.. Still don't like it...but its all I have right now.. Danny also built a huge a 2 car garage this summer. Looks wonderful.. (I think the garage is bigger than the whole house, lol) Here are some pics.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is one beautiful tree for your little house!

Melissa said...

well at least you have a gorgeous tree to look at when your fed up with the house ;) lol