Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Favorite Friend of the Moment

Well, as some of you may know... I am doing the This is Me... blog challenge. I'm really loving this. There are 2 challenges a week. I'm so excited to say that I have done all the challenges so far. This is of course only week 2, so we will have to see what happens once wrestling season gets started.


This challenge was to scrap/journal about your "Favorite Friend of the Moment" FFOTM. Here is my take on this challenge. My Best Friend is my little sister. She has been my best friend since she was born pretty much. Tracy is 6 years younger than me and we have always been very close. When I had my first child, she was only 13 and became my live in babysister if you know what I mean. My son Jonathon and her have a very close bond. She did everything with Jonathon when he was little. To this day she still calls him "her" son,lol. She even has photos done of him and her daughter like they are brother and sister. She kills me. When we are together, we are usually inseparable. We web cam all the time and call each other about dumb stuff and just make each other laugh. I really hate being soooo far away from her. I used my Cricut for the title and "Tracy's" name, using the Stamped cartridge. This was a pretty bad scan due to the bow on the lo. I guess I should take a photo also.


Now... the 2 peas challenge for Wednesday: What's the cutest thing you've ever heard someone say? Kinda like kids say the darndest things..?anything?? blog about it!....Hmmmmm, this is kind of hard. There are so many! But I think the one that always sticks out in my mind is something my ds Jonathon said many, many years ago. He was about 6 years old and my sil was going to be babysitting the kids while dh and I went out for the evening. So my sil gets to the house a little early so that I could get ready without kids jumping all over me. She asks Jonathon if he wanted a PB&J sandwich. He was so excited and said Yes! so she makes him a sandwich and asks him if he wants it cut in half or in 4's. He gives her a long look and says... You know Aunt Angela... you better just cut it in half, I think 4 will be too much for me to eat. lol. I just love that. So innocent,,, yeah right.
Ok... I better try to get some sleep tonight. It is almost midnight. I hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

Noelia said...

That's so great that you have a great relationship with your sister. Great page too! I always have the best intentions for challenges but I'm such a slacker I never get ANY done...I'm so lame hehe
That's so cute what Jonathon said about the PB&J, you should scrap it! lol

Janet said...

What an adorable thing to say! That is so funny!

And the layout is awesome, too, Lynn! Looks like you're enjoying your new Cricut! Janet

toners said...

What a great page! And I love the story about the sandwich; it's so funny when the kids really believe everything they say is logical :)

Colleen said...

Great layout and wonderful that she's your best friend! Thankfully, I can say that about my sister now too because there was a time in high school where were certainly weren't!

Love the little story about the pieces of sandwich! Cute!

Heather said...

Wonderful layout! And good for you doing the challenges. You will have to incorporate wrestling season into your work! And cute story!