Thursday, August 30, 2007

Like Father....

Like son! Today I'm thinking about my ds DJ. I don't know why. Maybe it's because he is starting college in 5 short days. I'm a little nervous and I really don't know why. He is kid #3 to go through this. DJ is the one kid that is just like Danny. The only difference is DJ has blue eyes and his hair is lighter! I think they look just alike, but others seem to think DJ looks more like me. I really don't see it except for the blue eyes. I guess I picked the right kid to name after him after all, lol.

They both have the same "bulldog" body, very witty, fast to come up with a comeback, and both are KNOW it ALL's. They are never wrong! Both are very shy and quiet unless they really know you. They both make me laugh at the dumbiest things. They have alot of the same interests like: boating, cars, motorcycles, fishing, tennis, handball, racquet ball, fixing stuff (like cars, boats, motorcycles) and radio controlled toys ie: helicopters, planes, boats, cars. They both have a wonderful soft, loving, kind heart deep down inside (sometimes you just really have to look a little harder for it). Its funny, because they both want to come off as "tough guys". I just lol at that.


Here is one of my favorite photos of DJ when he was little. He was just 2 years old here. Look at that face! Isn't he just adorable? Then........

this happened! Out of the blue he was grown man! Where did those 16 years go? They just flew by. When they are little we wish for them to grow up and when they finally do.. we want them to go back to be those sweet, angelic little kids.And this is Danny competing with DJ! I didn't have the heart to tell him that DJ is now a little bigger than he is. Although, Danny was bigger in his prime. Plus... Danny doesn't lift weights anymore. So I think he looks pretty good for 50 year old guy!And then you have the pose down on the beach! Men... they never really grow up. Well... lucky me... they are all mine! Ok... I've got to get out of here today. I don't feel like doing a thing, but I have to. Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!

3 comments:

Lara Neves said...

K...you don't look at all old enough to have 3 college aged kids!

Sherri said...

I agree...you (nor your DH) look old enough to have college aged kids let alone 3 of them.

Janet said...

I agree with them...he definitely does not look his age! Very well preserved!! Enjoy your guys, Lynn! :-) Janet