Friday, August 17, 2007

In NYC!

As stated yesterday, I went into the city with my sister, her dh, and my niece. We had perfect weather for the occassion. We left Long Island at 10:13am on the train into Penn Station. So we headed up through the 37th St. exit to start on our adventure. We had a plan (yeah right). You can't have plans if you give my sister the map for a city that she hasn't really been in for 13 years! So we start walking and get to 48th St. This is when my sister says I think we went the wrong way! I was like... give that damn map. You don't even know which way N,S,E, or W is here! Needless to say, yes we were walking the wrong way. So we start heading back. We wanted to get to Rockerfeller Center (hello). Now also mind you... I have not been to city in about 13 years, pretty much because she is not here. I won't go by myself. We did get to see Times Square not just once, but twice! yeah On our way back towards Rockerfeller Center we decided to stop at the Manhattan Mall. It is pretty big and they have a great food court! Oh.. yeah and the best Cinnamon/Sugar Pretzels! I was dying for one. We decided to do a little shopping and hit the Steve and Barry's store. This is where I get some great T-shirts for the boys and jeans (very reasonable!). I actually got myself 2 new tops and a great pair of crop pants! Hopefully they will fit.
Once we were done shopping we headed out for Rockerfeller Center. We wanted to go to "The top of the Rock" As we walked I got a great photo of my sister and niece in front of Radio City. My niece was all excited because her dance instructor was a Rockette many, many years ago and she has photos all over the studio.
The Top of the Rock was awesome! You could see for miles. You don't really know what the city looks like from down below, but once you get up 70 stories it is beautiful. I took a bunch of photos up there. We also stopped at M&M World and kinda lost track of time. I zoomed in for this photo of Central Park! It is breathtaking!This is my sister, her dh, and niece with the Empire State Building behind them on Top of the Rock.
Here I am with my sister. We don't usually have many photos with us together, we are the 2 photographers in the family! So its rare. I look horrible, but I can only work so much magic lately. I always have a building coming out the top of my head! You think my bil would've said move over a little, but noooo he lets a building grow out of me. oh well.
Here is my sister taking a photo with Ms. Green! This is a photo of my mood color from the M&M factory. This was cute. You stand under this weird machine and lights shine down on you and then the machine picks which mood color you are. As you can tell I'm GOLD!

We of course hit the gift shop on our way down and got a few items and then we headed for the Subway! Yes the subway, ugh. It really wasn't that bad. We needed to go uptown to Serendipity's. We were dying for it. Of course, there was a 3 1/2 hour wait! I was like we are not waiting 3 1/2 hours to eat. So we walked a little to Dylans. Dylans is a little Candy shoppe. It has 2 floors to it. Upstairs has like a little ice cream shope. Downstairs has all the candy. They had Jelly Bellies jelly beans. Of course I had to get some. I got Red Hot, Watermelon, and Green Apple. Yummy. They had a really cool motorcycle on display there which was made by the OCC (Orange County Choppers, I love that show). The theme was Pez candy.
Once outside of Dylans we noticed this picture in the window of ELVIS! My niece just loves Elvis so of course we had to do a photo opt! That photo is made with all Jelly Bellie jelly beans! It is Awesome!

Well, I've got to cut this short, but I have more photos to share. Joseph has to get to school today early, the last day and big test. I hope he passes this thing!

2 peas challenge today: Do you feel more creative in the morning or evenings? I'd have to say I think I'm more creative in the late afternoon and evening! I don't know why, but I am.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Weekend!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Wow, Lynn! I'm really behind in reading blogs this week. You've been busy! Looks like you had an awesome time in the city! Those are great pictures! Janet

Suzy said...

looks like you had a great time in NYC!

Cindy Andrews said...

Great photos! My dream is to visit NYC someday. TFS

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Got some great pics too! Should make for a cute LO!

Linda said...

Looks like you all had a great time in the city. Love the Elvis picture.

toners said...

Great photos and journaling :) I've never been to NYC but it's definitely on my list! Have a great weekend :)

EquineSpirit said...

GREAT photos! Looks like a wonderful time!!

Maureen said...

Great photos.... looks like you had a wonderful time!!!

Love the Jelly Belly Elvis!