Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Top of the Rock

I'm finally getting back on her after a hectic weekend. Last week I went into NYC with my sister, her dh, and my niece. We had such a great time. We did finally make it to Rockefeller Center and the "Top of the Rock", which we were looking so forward to. It was the most beautiful day to be there. It wasn't too hot or humid which is really nice especially in the city. We did ton's of walking! I haven't done that much walking in about 2-3 months. It kind of felt good to do it though.
All the photo's are from the Top of the Rock. The observation decks are on floors 69 & 70. It really is amazing to see out over the city like that. This first picture is just looking out over the city.
Here are my niece and bil looking out at the city.
If I remember correctly, this is the Hudson River and I just loved that building with the pointy roof. I had to zoom all the way in for this photo.
Here are my bil, niece, and sister with the Empire State Building behind them.
I think we stayed up there for at least an hour! It was really beautiful. This is a pretty good shot of the Empire State Building. We never made it over to that area to get a really good look. Something to do next year.
Ugh.... here I am, looking horrible and taking my own photo!
And once we decided to go on down we of course hit the shops inside the Top of the Rock building and yep.... There was good ole' GODIVA! OMG!!!! I got some dark chocolate truffles with gnache... can you say "to die for!" and they made the best chocolate drink (I just can't remember what the heck they called it!) Yummy. My niece was drinking all of mine. She loved it. Here is my sister posing for a Godiva moment!
Well that is all for today about the Top of the Rock. It was pretty interesting to see all the photos of when they built the building. If you are every here you should try to check it out.

Now for the 2 peas challenge: How often do you take time out for you to get pampered? Well.... I think everyone has a different view of pampered. Some it would just be getting a manicure and/or pedicure others it would be a massage or some other indulgence. I can honestly say that I really don't consider getting a manicure a form of pampering, but I will also tell you that I do get a manicure usually every 2 weeks. Now a massage is considered a form of pampering in my book and lately I'm lucky if I do that 2 times a year (hello... and my dd is a massage thearpist! go figure). I really don't do anything else to pamper myself. I do get my hair cut about 2-3 times a year so that could be considered pampering I guess. Heck... I'm always looking for ideas so you can pass them this way!

Ok... I've got to get out of here for now. Hope everyone has a great day

8 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Great photos! And my gosh some chocolate sounds good right about now!! ;)

Good answer to the challenge...I'm not even sure what pampering is for me...LOL! I've never had a manicure, pedicure, massage...never gone to a salon...hmmmm...I'm thinking I'm long overdue huh? LOL! Gonna have to have a long talk with hubby when he gets home tonight! ;)

Debbi said...

so jealous I can not go to NYC. I see you had a great time without me.

Colleen said...

Sounds like you're overdue for some pampering of some kind and so am I! You got some great pics and it looks like everyone had fun!

PS There's a package finally on it's way to you!!

toners said...

I just loooove those photos and am wondering where my stash of chocolate is :) LOL!!

Heather said...

Great photos Lynn! I loved all of them. I've never been to NYC and it's so neat to see pictures of it. Central Park is beautiful. It's amazing that such a big park exists in the middle of such a huge city!

Anonymous said...

We would love to have you join!!!

Rachael said...

What great pics!!! Sounds like a blast!!!

Do you know that I live in the town where they make Godiva? :)

Janet said...

Lynn, I'm behind in reading blogs this week! Looks like you had a fantabulous time in the city! It sure looks like a beautiful day. And Godiva...that is too much fun! Janet