Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Just a Start

Ok... I've mentioned the past few days about finally getting down stairs into my scraproom and doing something. My dh bought me the Cricut Machine about 2 weeks ago and well... I started to play. I didn't get a lot done, but I did get these finished. I think I really like the way came out.

This first lo is of my baby Lacey! At any given moment this is pretty much how you can find her..... Fast Asleep! She will sleep almost anywhere. At night though she loves to sleep with me and dh right by our feet or right between our legs. The title was done with my Cricut using the George font. My journaling reads: This is our baby Lacey! She is god’s gift to us. Lacey just brightens up everyone’s day from the minute she finally get’s up In the morning (or afternoon, lol). She LOVES to sleep! And let me tell you, she is darn good at it too. Lacey is not to picky in where she sleeps, but at night she is usually sound asleep in my bed. During the day she will go on the rocker or one of the couches to "catch up on her Z’s".
The second lo is a photo of me and my dh. We really never get to have a photo of us together. I'm usually the one taking a photo. This photos was taken by my dd Shannon when we went out to dinner with her and her bf. That night we went to the Outback, which we never really go to much. We really had a great time. The title as well as the tags were done with my Cricut. It reads: Don't FEED the Animals (done with the Jasmine font). Now this one was done for the This is Me- Challenge group that I heard about on 2 peas and it just started this week. I thought it would be good to try and get me out of my funk. I'm not thrilled with this lo, but it will have to do. The blog challenge was : IMHO (In My Honest Opinion). Here is what I did. Some of my IMHO are: Everyone needs LOVE!, We need better teachers, We give our kids to much, The cost of living is too high, Gas prices are HIGH, We need a strong President in control.

2 peas challenge for today: Share one of your fondest memories of a special time with one of your grandparents.. This is very difficult for me. I loved every single moment I had with my maternal grandparents that I would could be here all day. I think one memory would be when I was about 8 years old we went to Parrot Jungle in Miami, FL and my grandmother was in a wheelchair. The people who worked there put a huge parrot on top of my grandmothers head. She couldn't stop laughing. I remember needing to use both of my arms to hold up the parrot when they put it on my arm. We had soooo much fun there.

Ok... I'm done here for tonight. Going to watch Top Chef and then Rescue Me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! We are posting the new challenge tomorrow!!
Thanks for playing along.

Lorie said...

Oh!!! A new Cricut! I am jealous! Love the LOs you did with it!

toners said...

Glad you are having fun creating! I watched Top Chef and Rescue Me tonight too :) Tommy Gavin is sooooo bad!!

Rachael said...

Glad you got to play with your new toy, it is so fun, isn't it??

EquineSpirit said...

Beautiful LOs! And a wonderful memory too!!

Heather said...

Love your layouts! I too was very close to my maternal grandparents.

Alyssa said...

Nice lettering!...I have a Sizzix, but love all the cute things you can do with the Cricut.

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

Great layouts! Love the one with you and your dh!

Colleen said...

Lovin' the fun you're having with that Cricut and soooo glad to see you scrappin' again! Enjoy your shows tonight! Great memories too!