Friday, October 27, 2006

The day after

If you were here yesterday you would know that I went for my Remicaid infusion last night. It is a 3 1/2-4 hour infusion normally. Last night we had a few complications in the room which made this time longer. I was the last one done (figures) and was finally out of the office at 8:45! My friend Jessica kept blowing her veins so they had to keep trying. And there were 3 of us that needed to be pre-medicated. ugh... I'm one of them. I know it sounds weird, but I actually enjoy going. I don't know if its for the social asspects or the medicine part,lol. We do normally have a lot of fun just sitting there and talking, sharing our lives. Its really very wonderful. Jessica and I have been going together for the last 1 1/2 years. We are both on a 4 wk cycle. Most people are on a 8 wk cycle. You get to meet new people and then there are the ones that you get to see every other month and you get to catch up with whats been going for the last 2 months.
Now the dr's office is a good 45 min drive and I was already late with my infusion so I raced home so I wouldn't miss much of Grey's. How disappointing!!!! to get home and find out that it was a repeat! They have some nerve. Not only was the 9pm airing a repeat, but so was the 10pm airing! How rude. Then more disappointment. CBS decided to air a repeat of Shark! I couldn't believe that I raced home (btw.. took me like 30 mins to get here, lol) for nothing! Outraged.
My plans for today are: work.... come home and relax a little (hopefully), I am hoping I have energy after the infusions I don't for a day or so. Then I really need to clean this house, but we are suppose to get huge rain storms all afternoon thru the night. I also really, really need to get my nails done. Its been 3 wks and they just look and feel horrible! So that is a must before 4pm when they get flooded. Then to decide whats for dinner. DJ is killing me because everytime I turn around he is looking in the frig for something. Wrestling hasn't even started and he is driving me nuts. Thank go the little one doesn't have to worry about his weight and eating. He is underweight and needs to eat right before getting on the scale. lol ( I was going to post photos, but blogger is being a pain this morning and won't let me)
Since it is going to be raining out tonight and they say tomorrow. I am planning on getting all my journaling done that I just haven't time to do. I will also be taking photos/or scanning them so I can finally post something. I think I have like 10 layouts down there waiting for me plus the circle journal that I really want to get in the mail tomorrow.
2peas challenge:Describe your gift wraping style regarding Holiday presents. Anything special or unique? Believe it or not I'm not a big fan of wraping presents. Especially for little kids! I just put the paper on and a little bow and that is it. They don't care. They just want whats inside. For adult gifts (except my DH, he is just like the kids) I will usually do something special. I do like to add lots of ribbon. Maybe flowers for my mom and sisters. Thats really it for me.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I too was irritated about Grey's Lynn. I finally remembered to set the VCR and my husband told me it was a rerun. The new season just started!

Gina said...

Hey Lynn, hope you're feeling okay after the infusion. Sorry you have to go through this every 4 weeks, but I love your positive outlook and the fact that you enjoy the social part of it.

As for Greys - that was so not OK! 2 repeats after they had aired the trailer for a new episode! Wonder if there is still drama on the set after the dust-up between McD and Burke?