Monday, October 16, 2006

What in the World

Ok.... it is 3:30am and I can't sleep! What in the World am I doing up? I have no clue. I have not been sleeping good lately. Not sure exactly why. At first I thought it was just from allergies, but that has seemed to cleared up a little. I just can't get comfortable enough to sleep through the night. I didn't even fall asleep until 12:30 and then I was wide awake by 2am. I can feel it.... I'm going to crash and burn soon if I don't start sleeping through the night in the next few days. I'm getting very irritable also.
Saturday was my DH's birthday. Being that we were not talking, no one, not even the kids, knew that he was leaving the house at 2pm and not coming home! The kids had planned a little B'Day party for him and sat here waiting for him. They tried calling him, but he didn't even answer his phone. Finally, Joseph called him at like 7pm and he picked up the phone. Told Joseph that he was out in Montauk fishing and was not coming home until after midnight! What nerve! So.. last night we ended up having cake (which we, the kids and I were dying for, lol). It ended up being a nice day. I guess that is what counts.
As I've mentioned in previous posts... I started working in the schools here in the lunchrooms. They offered me a permanent postion in one of the Elementary Schools to be the cook. This will be from 8:30am-2:15pm. I accepted and start today! I hope I will be able to do this physically. They know that I have medical problems and just said, "If you feel you can not do it just tell us and we will put you back on subing". That made me feel pretty good. I have to say that with these new hours of working I now have to change my walking from the mornings to the afternoons (not sure that is going to work out so well). And it is not leaving me enough time to do squeeze in my scrapbooking! That is a little disappointing. I still need to finish up a circle journal. I still have 13 days, but I really wanted done buy this weekend and that didn't happen. Hopefully, I will have it done by this Saturday and out in the mail early.
2peas challenge: What gets you through Mondays? I have to tell you.. not much lately!lol. I think I just muddle through my Mondays. We will see how I do today especially with a new job position.

6 comments:

i am jen [with1n] said...

Lynn!
Congratulations on the new job!
Hope you had a great first day!

~Jen

Nancy said...

Lynn, I feel your pain on the no sleep thing...it's miserable. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. Havve a great first day on your new job. ~ Nancy

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope you get some sleep soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job. Sorry dh didn't come home for the party and hope all is well. Dana

Sofia said...

((hugs)) Sorry to hear about the insomnia. It can be so frustrating. I hope that the new job works out well. Hang in there. :-)

Melissa said...

congrats on your new job!-hope its going well