Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sleepless on Long Island

It is 5:27am est. What the heck am I doing up? Well for starters I woke up about 2 hours ago! Why?, you may ask. Ummmmm.. I think I heard my dog,Lacey, licking her foot and thought something was wrong and then couldn't fall back to sleep. Maybe its because I just have soooo much to do today my brain won't let me sleep. I'm not sure but I would love to sleep and now I'm afraid to go to bed and not be able to wake up in 1 hr from now. This is crazy! I just hope that I can get through the rest of my day with only 3 hrs sleep.
Today my day will start off by getting Joseph up for school at 6:30am, because at 15 he still can't manage to wake up by the alarm clock!ugh... then I will have to get dressed right away and be at the High School for slicer training class by 7am. From there, I will head over to my Elementary School to start my day of work by 8:30am! Ok... today would be Taco Wednesday! One of the messiest lunches in the world. This is a horrible lunch day. A lot of heavy lifting that I really am not used to yet. At about 2:15pm my day in the lunch room will end! thank goodness. Then its home for a little r&r... but not much.
By 3:30pm the boys will call me to come pick them up from weight training. Then I will need to start dinner. DJ is on a very strict diet right now. Dropping weight already for wrestling season which starts in about 2 weeks. He is doing everything right this year, which makes me very happy. He is doing high protein and little carbs. Eating 6 small meals a day. He is right on target. He really has only 8 pounds to lose before weight certification which is in about 4 weeks and then over the course of another 4 weeks he will drop 5 more lbs. Well try to. He is usually pretty good at it. By 4:30pm I will have to have dinner in the oven. Porkchops, fried rice and veggies tonight. Then at 6pm I'm off to my 2 classes. 1hr of weight training and the 1 hr of body sculpting. hmmm I don't think either are really working but this is only week 4 today. I will get home at about 9:15pm and then I think I will actually crash!
With this new job, I just feel like I never have any time to do what I'm used to doing. I hate it that I can't go for my walks in the morning anymore and I never have any time to scrapbook or just sit here and take time to write on my blog. I just don't know how most of you do it. I've been home for the last year, not working and I guess I just got into a routine. Now I need to start a new routine. We will see what next week brings me. I like my job, but I also need to take care of me. I will have to see if my RA can handle it. I will tell you that yesterday was a killer. I do go for my treatment on Thursday and hopefully that will help. My last treatment only lasted 3 weeks. Hoping this month it will last the full 4 weeks. Nothing else too exciting is going on here. It is very cold here lately. I don't like the cold! Its been about 40 in the mornings and this morning (right now) it is only 37! Freakin' 37!!! What the heck. I told my husband I don't know how much longer I can do these damn cold winters. I just need warmth!
Ok... I'm getting off here to attempt to do some situps and stretches this morning since I can't walk(tooo cold). I have to do something or I'll just blow up! Hope everyone has a terrific day!

4 comments:

Benita said...

Wow, I'm tired just from reading everything you have to do today ;) Sorry to hear that you didn't get much sleep last night.....I hate when that happens :(

Gina said...

Sheesh - we have a cold one here too! I'm going to have to delay my walk until after lunch when the temp is supposed to get into the high 40's!

Hope you get some rest this evening after your crazy day.

Sofia said...

Phew! That's a busy schedule. Hope you make it through the day okay and get some rest tonight.

Unknown said...

Some days I am like that too! I wake up and can't fall back asleep. I think our clocks just are off...LOl

Dana