Monday, July 16, 2007

INVASION of ........

the squirrels! For the past few weeks (about 5 to be exact) I've been telling dh that there seems to be an awful lot of squirrel activity on my bedroom side of the house and every morning you can actually hear them clawing at the side of the outside wall. I never went to that side of the house. This is a side of the yard that is never used due to trees being over there and nothing else pretty much. Well on Saturday dh decides to finally get dd's new airconditioner up in her window. So I mentioned again (since he was going to that side of the house) about the squirrels. Now mind you this is a side of the house that we have not re-done because we are still undecided about extended the back. Well.... this is what we found!

They were eating right through the house and nesting! All the noises were them actually in the outer beams of the walls. They even ate a through vinyl siding patch he put up there about 7 weeks ago. Pretty amazing! So now everything is patched up and I've been able to sleep a little later in the morning.


3 comments:

Janet said...

YIKES! Those naughty critters! I have to say I think they're cute, but I know they can be very destructive. Great pictures!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Holy Crud! I had no idea they could do that kind of damage. We don't have those where I live, so as a result I always just thought they were cute little critters... guess not!

Melissa said...

WOW never knew squirrels could do so much damage...there cuteness is misleading I guess ;) lol