Friday, July 06, 2007

What a 4th

I really don't have much to post here. Our 4th was a very crummy day. It was probably the worst weather we've had on the 4th in ohhh about 20 years here on Long Island. We had very cold, damp and wet weather for most of the day and then about 6pm came all the torential rain! Horrible. We did still manage shoot off fireworks in between the rain sessions and then I gave up at about 11pm when the thunder started.

We had to give Lacey a tranquilizer so she wouldn't freak out, but I gave it to her at about 8pm when everything was really starting to go off. Well, it must've been to large of a dose for her and she was almost comatose for the entire night and half the day yesterday. I was scared to death. I stayed up with her the entire night just watching her breathe and hand feeding small morsels of food to keep her strength up. That was the scariest thing for me. I thought to myself OMG I've killed my baby. Thank goodness when I called the vet yesterday morning I wasn't the only who apparently gave too much to there dog and they said to watch her she should be fine. I only gave her 1/2 of her pill, but it was just too much for her little body to handle so the vet said they will lower her dose for next year. I was like, I'm not even going to give it to her next year.I'll just put all the tv's and radios on full blast and put her down stairs where you don't really hear much.

Since the weather has been so crappy here the last week, it has knocked me for a loop! I've been in horrible pain and just can't function. We are going to experiment with some new meds and hopefully that will do the trick. Other than that I really haven't been able to do much. I have no ambition to do anything or even go downstairs to scrap. Lord knows that I have a ton to catch up on, but it's not happening.

ok... getting off here for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Noelia said...

I would've been scared to death too if I would've given my doggie to big of a dose! Thank goodness she was ok. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling that great lately but hopefully the meds improve your health. I haven't been in the mood to blog or scrap but it'll come back, it always does.

Have a good weekend okay?

Melissa said...

oh no I would have been just as scared if it was my puppy. so glad to hear she was ok.

hope the weather and your health improves this weekend.

Janet said...

Oh, my gosh! That would be so scary. I'm glad she's OK now!

BTW, Lynn, check my blog today for a little surprise! :-) Janet