Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day!

Its a day to remember all the wonderful men and women, past and present, that stand strong for our country. They put themselves in harms way to protect us from danger. I applaud all of you (past and present) for a job well done.

Yesterday I went to a friends for a BBQ, the weather was very nice, not to hot and not to humid! We had a really nice time. I would love to say that I have photos, but no! I forgot the camera. I was charging the batteries and well there it sat on the dining room table as I walked out the door. I hate it when I do that.

Today, I'm going to just do some laundry and I've decided to make a sausage bread. My ds and dh just love this! ds Joseph could eat the entire thing. Maybe (if I don't forget) I will take some pic's of it. It's just a little snack for like lunch for them. We will probably BBQ later on today. Nothing really special. My kids are hardly home on the weekends now. They think its summer already! The boys still have school until June 23rd! I hate that. I wish the school year would end a little earlier. They should start them a week earlier and take away that stupid week that they give them in February! That week off in Feb. is so useless. But then again, with the way gas prices are headed they will use that as the excuse to keep it. That was the reason for that week being a break back in the late 50's to begin with.

I do have camera in hand today and hopefully will get some great photos of something or someone! I also want to get my butt down in my scraproom and yes I'm still working on those freakin' mini-albums! I have exactly 5 day's to complete them,ugh! I might just give up. I don't know what the heck I was thinking about these things. Let's just say I really wasn't thinking. The full 8x8's that I did for them last year were much easier! I'm going back to that next year!

Oh well... the washer buzzer just went off, time to get another load of wash in there. I'm on a roll! lol I hope everyone has a terrific Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead and good luck with the mini albums! That bread sounds interestng and like something my boys would like too!

Noelia said...

I'm in between laundry loads too.
Your sausage bread sounds delicious, I'd love photos and maybe a recipe if you can reveal it : )
Hope you find the inspiration to finish your mini-albums.

Maureen said...

Sausage bread sounds great. Love to see photos