Thursday, May 03, 2007

On a Roll!

Well, for now anyway, lol. I can't believe that I managed to blog 3 days in a row now. This was just impossible for me to do for the past 2 weeks. Maybe I'm starting to come out of my slump. I sure hope so.

Last night, dh and I drove to College Point. This is a big deal for most people that live on Long Island. We don't like driving anywhere near there. Not that it's a bad area or anything like that. We just are uncomfortable, the streets are mostly one way, and you seem to get lost very quickly, especially when you don't know where the heck you are going. Dh was funny and said "OMG, this is like driving in the city!" OK... he has maybe driven to the city once in his life, lol. Its always an adventure when you drive anywhere with him. First he is ADD, and Second he is bi-polar. Like I said "Thrilling!". I'm always afraid to mention that he missed a turn or turned the wrong way or needs to be in a different lane because you don't know if he is going to blow up at you. It can be very frustrating. Anyway we made it to College Point with just one little yell and actually made it home with none! This was an amazing car ride to say the least.

It was kind of funny that while we were driving home dh just comes out and says to me, "I don't enjoy anything anymore". Well, I've noticed that for some time now. He does not like to do anything with the kids anymore and really just wants to sit in his garage all day long. To be honest with you, he has just gotten worse each week lately. So he then says to me "I think I need to get help". I nicely said "well, you know your body better then anyone else, if you feel like that, then you probably do need to see someone." He has not been to a counselor for over 2 years now. He counsleor (who was a wonderful woman) had past away just over 2 years ago and he just doesn't want to have to start all over with someone new. I really don't blame him. Its hard enough to open up the first time to someone who doesn't know anything about you, who wants to do it a second time! I am happy though that he sees that he does need some help. I really hope that he goes.

Other news.... ds D.J. and I are getting ready for our trip upstate to Binghamton! This is a 4 hour drive, ugh. We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning. This is sure to be an adventure with D.J. . He is not a navigator! I like it when ds Joseph goes with me, he is a great navigator. DJ is just there for the ride. He does not care if you get lost, just get him there in time.lol

Today, I've got to get my car cleaned for the big trip, and oil change, and fill er' up. I also have to get some drinks and food and get the laundry done so we can pack everything today and load it all in the truck tonight. I just want to get up in the morning, make coffee and head out. We have to be on the road by 6:45am to miss most of the traffic. Wish us luck!

2 peas challenge for today: What is one country in the world you really would love to travel to? blog about it.
I would love to go to Italy! Friends of ours went last year and they said it was just wonderful. They stayed there for over 2 weeks and they just can't wait to go back. They said that it was quite different then what you would expect. I would just love to see all the wonderful buildings, art and land. Maybe one day I will be able to afford to go there. Ok... TTFN .. Have a great day!

5 comments:

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

Glad you got there and home in one piece! Your husband is a brave man--to say and ask for help. Most people don't have the courage to do so. Have fun on your trip and good luck to DJ!

Colleen said...

Great job on the regular blogging and it sounds like you've been busy too! I'd love to see Italy too - have heard so many wonderful things from people that have been!

Melissa said...

brave of your husband to admit he needs help-hope he gets what he needs.

have a safe trip tomorrow!-lots of luck to you

and I would LOVE to travel to Italy too..its breath-taking in pictures I could just imagine it in real life.

Heather said...

Road trips can be interesting with your spouse, can't they!? My DH loves to look around and will not read a sign for anything!
Have a great trip with DS! Wishing you safe travels.

Noelia said...

It's good that Danny is getting help, he deserves to feel better and you're great for supporting him.
Have a good trip with DJ!

P.S I just wanted to mention that while you blogged for 3 days straight, I didn't! lol That's very unusual for me but life is getting in the way ya know?