Friday, May 11, 2007

To be 18 again.

Ahhhh. To be 18 again. I don't know if I would want to do it again. If I did though I know I would make some major changes in my life. I'm sure I would not get married and have pregnant at 18! The only good that was, was that I had my kids really early in life. I was one of the young moms. I don't mind I actually enjoyed it. It was something that I decided to do with my life at the time. And I have no regrets about it all.


You may ask why I'm saying all this today. Well my ds DJ turned 18 yesterday! He still has his whole life ahead of him. He actually has a very good plan. He is going to graduate High School next month. Go to Nassau Community College next year, taking Liberal Arts classes to get them out of the way and wrestling for the best Division 3 wrestling team in probably the country.


Its really hard to believe that 18 years ago he was born. Even harder to believe is that fact that he weighed 9 lbs 15 oz! and was 19 inches long. He was my little butterball. He was also my only baby to come on his exact due date. To this day, he lates to be early or late. He is so cute.


Last night we had ice cream cake (his favorite). It was just really us, immediate family. The photos didn't come out very clear and they all have an orange tint to them. I think thats from my walls.

What do you get for an 18 year old boy???? Well I decided it was just easier to give him money.

dd Shannon and ds Joseph gave him a bunch of scratch off's. He won a few bucks with them.And we can't forget that Lacey was waiting patiently for her ice cream cake also. She is so funny.Thats it for Birthday news here.

2 peas challenge for today: MeMe Challenge~ TWO Things About Me.

Two Names I Go by:Mom and Lynn

Two Things I am Wearing Right Now: Slippers and a night shirt

Two Things I Want (or have) in a Relationship: I would love to have more communication and I have love

Two of My Favorite Things to do: Travel and scrapbooking

Things I Want Very Badly At The Moment: I would like to get a Cricut Machine and a tummy tuck, I know.. sad.

Two pets I have: My little baby Lacey she is a Lhasa Apso dog, and my parakeet Duke

Two things I did last night: Made Jambayla and we had a little Birthday get together for ds DJ

Two things I ate today: I've only had water and pill today so far

Two people I just talked to last: DJ as he was leaving for school and Shannon just now as she was leaving for work

Two Things I'm doing tomorrow: Hopefully walking 2 miles and probably grocery shopping

Two longest car rides: 1st one was from West Palm Bch, FL to Long Island, NY and the 2nd one was from Las Vegas, NV to Long Island, NY

Two Favorite Holidays: Christmas and Easter

Two favorite beverages: Lets see... I only drink water and coffee with the occassional Mudslide.

Two favorite scrapbooking tools: I love my trimmer and silent setter

Two favorite scrappin companys: Basic Grey and I'm really liking Daisy D's

Ok... I'm done for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

7 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

A tummy tuck?!? I didn't even think of that one! Great answer! I need one of those myself.

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

I am with DJ--I love ice cream cake!

Noelia said...

Happy Birthday DJ!
The best gift an 18 year-old can get is cash!

P.S. I LOVE Jambalaya!! It's one of my fave!

Aparna said...

Happy 18th to your son!! And the Me Me challenge was nice to read through :-)

Melissa said...

Happy happy b-day to DJ!
yum to icecream cake-great choice ;)

Janet said...

Those are great pictures! I get very sentimental on my dd's birthday, so I know how you feel. It really takes you back, doesn't it? And yummm...jambalaya! I love it and haven't had it in ages. TFS! Janet

Debbi said...

Lacey it too cute. Congrats for having an 18 year old. Kind of scarry.