Tuesday, September 04, 2007

College

Today is DJ's first day of college. I think he is a little nervous, but he won't admit it. He has 2 classes today. First up is his Draw and Design class and then 2 hours later Volleyball. I still can't believe that a college has made it mandatory that they take a Phys Ed class! Hello, he is a wrestler for the school, going to be putting in 2 hours a day in practice. I just think it is stupid. DJ is a little pissed. He really doesn't like Volleyball and of course he didn't go to see if there was anything else that may have opened up that he would like. I told him he better go down and speak with the wrestling coach and see if he can change that class for him plus make it a little closer to his other class so he doesn't have 2 hours just sitting there.

I, of course, want him to leave a littler earlier than I would normally leave just so he has an idea on how long it is going to take him to get there. He is going with the traffic and it is brutual. I will take him about 45 min's. I think, plus, he has no clue where the buildings are on this campus. He makes me nuts. I also wanted him to drive there this weekend so he could see what it would be like... but no... I'm dumb. He'll learn the hard way. I'm usually right.

Joseph starts school tomorrow. Ohhh boy, I can't wait to see this. He has been in rare form the last few days. He decided to runaway Saturday afternoon, but apparently broke in the house and snuck down to his room to sleep. He then got up early Sunday morning and no one saw him for over 30 hours. I didn't say a word. DH told him that we called the police and had to report him missing. He doesn't like the rules here. I told him then leave. I'm too old to put up with his crap. I did it for dd. So needless to say, he is grounded again until the Sept. 15th. I think he got off easy. That was dh's doing. If I did the grounding this time, he would've been grounded until the end of the month. He always gets off easy. He just exhausts me!

Oh well,,, I've got to go and see if DJ has everything he needs for today. Hope everyone has a great day.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Mercy...you've got your hands full with your guys! Keep 'em in line, Lynn! :-) Hope once everybody gets settled, the school year will go great for them! Janet