Monday, September 10, 2007

A Night at the Movies!

Since tonight is Jonathon's last night here, we really wanted to do something as a family. It was a tough decision. Most of us really wanted to take the boat out and go crabbing, but the weatherman said that we were going to get rain. So we decided to go to the movies instead. Now the hard part. What movie??? The kids and I really love to watch a comedy, but Danny (odd man out) won't see a comedy and will only see something with action and violence anything with a mafia would make it even better. Tough decisions. I really wanted to go all together. Then Danny was like " well, you guys go to what you want and I'll go to what I want". I ended up talking the kids into going to something that was more Danny's style. I picked "WAR" with Jet Lei and that Aussie guy from the Italian Job (can't remember his name). Perfect! So I tell Danny that we all decided to see War which was right up his alley. He turns to me and says.. well... I'm really not into seeing Jet Lei. I almost died. I couldn't believe it. Now he is thinking about going to see Death Sentence starring Kevin Bacon. I really didn't want to see that. I eventually talked Danny out of seeing that and coming with us to see War.

The movie was really good. Lot's of action, killing and a twist here and there. It really kept you on your toes. I'm not really into a lot of bloody movies with a lot of Karate and stuff like that, but this was very good. It also had some subtitles that you had to keep up with. I think I would give it a C+ grade, possibly a B-. The ending could've been a little better, but the movie was really action packed.

So, my Jonathon is going home tomorrow afternoon. I'm sad to see him go. I miss him so much, but he does have a life and really has nothing here. I'm already looking forward to hopefully getting out there in November sometime. That will be nice.

2peas challenge for today:Share something you miss having from when you were a young child growing up. I really miss a lot of things. I'm weird like that. But I truly miss talking with my grandfather. I miss him so much. He would love to talk and teach us stuff. I would always just sit there and soak it up. We were very close. My grandmother said we were glued at the hips when I was little.
I also miss my horses! Growing up in FL and on a farm we had a little bit of everything (except cows!). I miss my horses. I loved to ride, I felt free when I was on one of the horses. What do you miss???

I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday and Hopefully I will be able to upload some of the photos from tonight.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

You know, as kids, we always wished we would grow up! But now as an adult, I would love to go back and relive my childhood! So many things going on back then that we didn't really think to appreciate!

Monica Loewen said...

Thanks for sharing your memories!

toners said...

I also miss conversations with family members who aren't with us any more, particularly my dad. I'd have lots to say to him, good and bad :) Glad you had a good movie night!

Vee said...

totally agree with rachael
crabbing would have been my vote too :)

Noelia said...

That guy from the Italian Job is Jason Statham, the same guy from The Transporter. Love that actor! He's so funny and of course the accent is very charming too ;)
That's good that you got to see Jonathon and that he spent time with family. Family is so important, no matter how far away you are. Oh and that's sweet that you had a close relationship with your grandpa. I felt the same way about my great grandpa. I was fortunate to meet him for a few years :)