Thursday, September 20, 2007

You Don't Know Me

Ok... I was tagged again, this time by Heather. This tag was pretty simple: List 5 things that you don't know about me.
  1. Growing up in my early years my parents decided to purchase 10 acres of land and move us all out to the boonies. A little town called Fort Drum which was about 40 miles away from the "Big" city Okeechobee (and you thought you had problems) The nearest school was a 40 mile hike everyday to Okeechobee. Even with all that, That is the place I really do miss. The wonderful wildness of it all. We had our own little farm which we grew our own veggies and raised our own food. We also had many pets! At one time we had 7 dogs, 13 puppies, an armadilo, 7 peacocks, and 4 horses, oh and I'm sure there was a few snakes in there also. We also had 100's of chickens, some were just for eggs and some were well for dinner. We also had our own pigs. If I could go back in time, I think it would be there. It was just so much fun.
  2. Since I was so young growing up on this farm and having two younger brothers (one is just 9 months younger, the other is 23 months younger) I had to be tough and my mom wouldn't let me be a normal prissy girl. YES! I was the biggest Tomboy. I would beat up all the boys and they would call me Jane (Jane of the Jungle). My brothers hated that I was always competing with them and their friends.
  3. I do not like driving in regular cars! I love SUV's or Conversion Vans. The higher the better. I love to look down at the little cars and I love to be able to look over and in front of most vehicles. I will say though that in my 20's I did have a normal car,several as a matter of fact, and my favorite car to this day is my Dodge Challenger!
  4. My best friend is Sandy, and we've been best friends since 1976 which totals up to 31 years! She lives in NC now and of course I'm here in NY. I was the first one to leave FL. I even lost her for a few years and then I found her. We know each other like a book.
  5. I really love to travel (even though I really haven't done much of that). My dh does not like to travel! I can't even get him to leave the house most of the time unless it is somewhere local. I would love to see Niagra Fall's and visit all the National Parks! Then I would really love to go to Europe. Its a dream right now, but who knows... maybe some day it will become a reality.

That just 5 little things you didn't know.

I hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!

5 comments:

toners said...

Reading about your friendship with Sandy is awesome! You are both very lucky :)

Heather said...

Great 5 Lynn! I will do your tag later today or tomorrow! Have a great Thursday!

Unknown said...

awesome 5. I have a friendship of 31 years and guess what I only 32, been best friends since we were babies. Dana

Unknown said...

awesome 5. I have a friendship of 31 years and guess what I only 32, been best friends since we were babies. Dana

Janet said...

Great post, Lynn! It sounds awesome growing up on the farm (except for the snakes!!). And how great to have a friend like Sandy. Wow!