Monday, September 10, 2007

Surprise!

We had a very small Surprise party for Danny on Saturday. Only very close family and a handful of his closest friends. He does not like surprises and parties! So I really had to keep this low key. Plus, as some of you may know, he is kind of like a hermit crab. He never wants to leave the house. So about a month ago he was telling our handful of friends that we were going to have an end of summer party on Sept. 8th and I just went around and told everyone I am just going to surprise him since it is a month before his actual 50th birthday he will never guess it. Which he didn't, and yes, he was very mad at me for doing that. It was a perfect time to do this since his closest friend leaves next weekend back to FL. and I really wanted him and his wonderful wife to be here.
Well, the weather was a little on the humid side, but nice. I of course cooked way too much food. We had a 3ft Hero (that I made), salads, baked ziti, sausage & peppers, eggplant rollatini, homemade baked mac & cheese, and jambalaya. OMG, I'm happy to say everything came out excellent.

We pretty much partied until about midnight and then I started the clean up. With my close friend Josephine we got it done in no time. She is a clean freak and as we all know... I am not! lol
I wish I would've remembered to take photos earlier in the day, but as luck would have it Shannon dropped MY camera the other and broke it. So we had to use her's and she couldn't find it until that evening. She kills me. I don't know why she was using my camera and not hers (maybe because she couldn't find hers) but I'm so mad now that I've got to take mine in to be repaired! That really pisses me off.

Ok... Here is a photo of me and Danny. I know I look horrible, but hey, it was freakin' humid and I didn't put any make up on. Plus, I look like a fruit in that outfit. You would think someone would've said something to me!
Shannon and Danny hamming it up.

Danny's best friend Joel and his wife Marilyn.

Me and Josephine.
Steven(dd's bf), me, Shannon, and Danny. They were doing a shot and I don't do them but they wanted me in the photo. I don't know what they were thinking.
And here is Joseph with Danny.
This crazed person is my sil she is a nut and funny. She has Lacey wrapped around her neck and was telling everyone to look at her kill of the day! She really loves Lacey and boy does Lacey love her... or maybe Lacey loves her dog Sparky, shoot I forget.
Final picture for today, is DJ, Shannon and Danny.

A fun time was had by all. Once all the cooking was done and everything was out, it was a relaxing, fun evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Looks like a blast. Love get togethers like that.

Monica Loewen said...

What a great idea - hope you all had a great time.

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a ball! DAna

toners said...

Looks like you all had a great night! Fun photos too!

Melissa said...

that was so sweet of you to do all that!-sounds like you all had a wonderful time :)

sorry to hear about your camera-I know what a bummer it can be without having it around.

Heather said...

What do you mean you look horrible!? You look great! What a fun time!

Noelia said...

Sounds like good times. I don't like surprise parties either so I'd be mad lol but if someone would make jumbalaya for me I would forgive and forget! hehe
Cool pics Lynn and my favorite is the one of you and Dan together, such a sweet sweet photo!
Was Jonathon there for his dad's surprise party? I feel like I know your family and I would love to "meet" him. You have such a wonderful family...drama and all!